Naples to West Palm and south, including the Keys
bonefishwhisperer

Re: Quest for first Bonefish

Post by bonefishwhisperer »

got your PMs...I suggest a Tom's Mullet and "walking the dog" for sure fire results...

Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....
Tex@MIA

Post by Tex@MIA »

Last edited by Tex@MIA on Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bonefishwhisperer

refer back to my original post...you never know if I am fishing or snipe hunting...I have taken many people for a ride when they thought they had me pegged...I am everywhere yet I am nowhere...here is MY 1st bonefish at the cross at Matheson...I was wading... a life changing 34" 14lb bone...I did what needed to be done...took 8 days from the start...ignored all warnings and advice and wrote my own story...is that what you want to do? better start at Mathesson....

Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Translation, are you ready for the journey?
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
perch

Post by perch »

What up C? Hated paying retail for your dreads at the shop today but Dave had a smile on his face and said "heard they were south" grrrr as I plan on walking the ocean side beaches.
Last edited by perch on Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
perch

Post by perch »

just saw your "original" post from early bones day and you look like the dude from "Saved By The Bell" show
Later
and thanks for sharing
perch
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

bonefishwhisperer wrote:refer back to my original post...you never know if I am fishing or snipe hunting...I have taken many people for a ride when they thought they had me pegged...I am everywhere yet I am nowhere...here is MY 1st bonefish at the cross at Matheson...I was wading... a life changing 34" 14lb bone...I did what needed to be done...took 8 days from the start...ignored all warnings and advice and wrote my own story...is that what you want to do? better start at Mathesson....
Just when I thought I was an arrogant coc& sucker I'm shown there is indeed much room for improvement. Thanks BFW :wink:
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
bonefishwhisperer

DaveR wrote:
bonefishwhisperer wrote:refer back to my original post...you never know if I am fishing or snipe hunting...I have taken many people for a ride when they thought they had me pegged...I am everywhere yet I am nowhere...here is MY 1st bonefish at the cross at Matheson...I was wading... a life changing 34" 14lb bone...I did what needed to be done...took 8 days from the start...ignored all warnings and advice and wrote my own story...is that what you want to do? better start at Mathesson....
Just when I thought I was an arrogant coc& sucker I'm shown there is indeed much room for improvement. Thanks BFW :wink:
I do what I can...if only anybody could ever beat me, even just once :cheers: also I have never watched "saved by the bell" so I dont know who it is
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Gonna have to make the trek down. Is there enough water for both of us to stand on at the same time?
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Tex@MIA

Post by Tex@MIA »

Last edited by Tex@MIA on Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Damn! Nice day. Enjoy following your quest. Best of luck to you!
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Tex@MIA

Post by Tex@MIA »

Last edited by Tex@MIA on Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
finatic
PFTS SPONSOR
PFTS SPONSOR

Post by finatic »

Nice work! Keep on it man.
The artist formally known as Snookfinatic

finaticdesigns.com
bonefishwhisperer

was that you with perch? tons of tarpon today...way too hot for me...I think you will find the water way too hot this afternoon...I just burnt my feet in the water getting out at 1:30 ....water has to be easy 100 or better...you fishing Matheson early tomorrow?
vivian

Post by vivian »

Tex, congrats on the bonefish! :cheers: I plan to be out there next weekend. You used a J Hook with live bait? Circle hook works best for me.
perch

Post by perch »

Hey Cordell,
Yep that was me with the newest bone fish crazed guy to hit Miami and was watching Tex play with the tarpon.
I agree is way too hot so I was off the water by 930 just after we saw you.
You would like to know your dread enticed three different kinds of snappers off the beach this morning. Fun but no bones and swear I saw some nice tailing permit on last of incoming but way too far out. Water was flat calm and who knew wading is a great way to stay cool.
Gotta get a speed dart from you so I can practice tarpon on the fly.
Now that the world cup is over will hit the flats in am. Saw bones on the move yesterday and all were deep and in cruise mode.
Perch

Good meeting you Chris.