Naples to West Palm and south, including the Keys
vivian

Re: Quest for first Bonefish

Post by vivian »

Dave I've used bucktails 1/8 or skimmer rigged with tip of shrimp or a piece of FishBites. Also have caught bones with Bass Assasin plastics weedless. Krash has also scored with the DOA shrimp which I now have in my arsenal. Another friend has had success with the new penny Gulp weedless.

Sure and easy way is shrimp or live crab. Hard part is artificials it is too noisy. The fly rod is the deadly weapon I have yet to even start to master. But if I had a choice (and skill) that would be the way to go.
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Indeed the fly would be my prefered method as well but with limited shots I'd like to get one under my belt. It took me a couple weeks of fly only to get a tarpon on the fly a few years back and that was fishing almost every morning. Since there isn't a bonefish whithin a couple hundred miles from here that's not an option yet. Thanks Viv. Hope to get down this month.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Catching a Bonefish is on my bucket list as well........Anytime somebody from up here wants to head south for a shot I am willing to go-drive ect ect.....
For Years I hated the word "Bonefish" my oldest son was on the USS Bonefish, oldest and only Diesel sub in the fleet when this happened.......http://www.navysite.de/ss/ss582acc.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; he had just been promoted from the 588 USS Baltimore Fast Attack sub......screwed up his head for a few months.......
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
perch

Post by perch »

OK from now on I when I catch bonefish I will report as caught "Fast Attacks"
thanks