Naples to West Palm and south, including the Keys
Tex@MIA

Re: Quest for first Bonefish

Post by Tex@MIA »

Last edited by Tex@MIA on Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Tex@MIA wrote: There were the usual tarpon crusing but I tried to ignore them as much as possible.
Focus at it's highest high!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Tex@MIA

Post by Tex@MIA »

perch

Post by perch »

yep, I always liked going to my old job so I could rest from my days off
Have fun I am dragging the yak to ocean side
bonefishwhisperer

Post by bonefishwhisperer »

I used to do 2 a days and was wading...I walked 2 full trips to the house at Snapper Ck 2 times a day....it only worked out like 3 times and it was rainy them days ...now I dont go all out because it a lack of fish and not just a bad day...new moon will make it very sucky IMO....we will regroup after the weekend...today was the 1st time I didnt jump a tarpon at the canal...maybe because I am out of flies
Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....
Tex@MIA

Post by Tex@MIA »

bonefishwhisperer

try being ready for 7 months...
Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

Tex@MIA wrote:Trip #8 7/17/10 - Well I decided to go play in the wind today. Sat out on the flat for 3 hours with not one thing happening.
Welcome to S. Biscayne Bay Bonefishing post big chill of 2010, hang in there Tex it will come back.

Thinking maybe Matheson tomorrow if the winds die down a bit.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
Tex@MIA

Post by Tex@MIA »

Last edited by Tex@MIA on Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
perch

Post by perch »

have fun, sleeping in and will see what Monday brings Good luck
bonefishwhisperer

canal bite is locked down...sorry Jeff...another full day of sucky...grass carp bite is off the hook...was raining hard at 5am...
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

I slept in, til 6 this morning.. had coffee, read the paper, checked the emails and forums.. was restless and had to get out of the house.

Decide to head South and look for Peas., took only 1 rod the Fly Rod.., Hit the Coral Reef canal, Snapper creek canal, nada, wanted to check out a spot that Perch keeps telling me he drops in at, 57th, what a drop it is. Its right at 10am now, decided I'd go into Matheson should be low tide maybe the wind would die for the magic low tide hour and I'd try wading, no way.. its low and the flats are exposed but the wind was howling, looks like someone was out there a white P.U. with racks parked in the dropoff next to a van.. suckers.
Headed back to the North, stopped at the fruit stand Viv has told me about before for a power shake, pick up a couple tomatoes a banana & chocolate chip loaf, then took a drive through the old stomping grounds, wind my way across 112th, up 87th, across 48th, up 117th to the pike, decided to stop along the pike .. nada not a bite all day, did see a school of large mullet and a coupe big carps.

Thats it another ruinied weekedn for me, back to the grindstone, 12 more days till the next front blows through and I get a day off to fish. I do have the mini-lobster season days off and hope to get out and tickle up a couple bugs.

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
Tex@MIA

Post by Tex@MIA »

Last edited by Tex@MIA on Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

YOUSA!

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Rik

Post by Rik »

Congrats!
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Nice work!
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM