Lack of fishing reports

Flamingo to Big Bend
The Below Average Angler

Lack of fishing reports

Post by The Below Average Angler »

I am noticing an absence of fishing reports lately. Is it that many of you just aren't getting out there lately, or people are getting out and just not posting their results? I personally do not get to fish that often, but really enjoy reading reports for our area.
Jason
TerryW

Re: Lack of fishing reports

Post by TerryW »

Answer: both
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Tarpon time does that. Tight mouths are typically the norm until some great photos appear. I've fished 7 out of the last 14 days. Plenty of near misses but no fireworks yet. I'm tryin, I'm tryin...
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Rik

Post by Rik »

DaveR wrote:Tarpon time does that.
ditto.

Want some really nice sunrise pics?
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
BlueTuna

Post by BlueTuna »

Working alot and not much time to fish. When I do it's a quick hour or two on the Hillsborough Rvier with and Ultra Light and no camera.
"There's no such word as can't" - Dad
David
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Rik wrote:
DaveR wrote:Tarpon time does that.

Want some really nice sunrise pics?
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
DouGR81

Post by DouGR81 »

I don't post many reports anymore because of the lack of interest it seems..I mean the ratio of replies to views for a report is so low that it makes me wonder if people are just reading the report to steal a spot.
Hobie Fishing Team
2014 Hobie Oasis
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

DouGR81 wrote:I don't post many reports anymore because of the lack of interest it seems..I mean the ratio of replies to views for a report is so low that it makes me wonder if people are just reading the report to steal a spot.
I like your reports Doug, especially that striped salmon on your kayak :shock: :lol: j/k
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Easy to post a report without locations Doug. Been doin it for about 10 years. I like the reports as well folks. Don't care about where it is.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
DouGR81

Post by DouGR81 »

DaveR wrote:Easy to post a report without locations Doug. Been doin it for about 10 years. I like the reports as well folks. Don't care about where it is.
Ya I know that..I will sometimes go out of my way when taking a fish picture to avoid landmarks. What I'm saying is the feedback on each report is very minimal these days..actually has been for about a year. Last report I posted had 220 views and only 5 replies.
Heywood wrote:I like your reports Doug, especially that striped salmon on your kayak :shock: :lol: j/k
:rr:
Hobie Fishing Team
2014 Hobie Oasis
MarkM
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by MarkM »

I enjoy reading the reports too, but I'm not one of those guys who will chime in on every redfish, snook, and trout pic with a "nice, bro", "tight work", "hard-core", etc. Now I WILL comment on a pic you don't see too often (tarpon, bonefish, way-larger-than-normal other type fish, etc.) I don't post reports too much anymore because I don't fish as much as I used to, and my photography skills have been surpassed long ago by many others on these forums. So, I hope those of you that post reports keep on posting 'em. If you have a high number of views on your reports, even without a lot of replies, you know people are interested in reading them, so keep 'em coming. At least I can read about people catching fish if I'm not catching them myself.
islander

Post by islander »

1. No camera (I don't even own a computer!)
2. I read reports from time to time. I rarely comment. I like Dougr81's reports, as they have pretty pictures.
3. I can't catch fish.

yada yada yada
www.lemonbayconservancy.org
The Below Average Angler

Post by The Below Average Angler »

Don't let the lack of replies stear you away from posting reports. I really don't ever reply to fishing reports, that doesn't mean that I do not enjoy reading them.
Jason
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Bingo!

"SANCTUARY!!!"

WHY KNOT

Post by WHY KNOT »

Posting frequency probably is in relation to how good or bad the fishing has been. Most of us are not inspired to report how badly we are doing. I have to admit this May has been a bummer compared to same time past years. Only species increase I am seeing is the sting ray population. Grateful that Neil Taylor shared the trick to prod the bottom with the paddle before exiting to the shallows. Weeks after this advice I did a prod where I was about to exit to and bingo a significant sting ray darted away. Hoping June picks up the postings and fishing success. Not posting, but do check them almost daily. WHY KNOT