King of the canal

Naples to West Palm and south, including the Keys
vivian

Re: King of the canal

Post by vivian »

Thanks Cordell, I'll start bringing fishing pole along. Now the neighbors will not know what else to think about me :roll:

I wonder if the snook started heading into the canals when the cold weather came to try and survive the cold. Maybe they are still in these areas because of the abundance of food and ambush areas? Or maybe they are now stuck and can't find the way out?
bonefishwhisperer

Post by bonefishwhisperer »

IMO they dont want to ever leave...they could come and go with the gate open but they prefer the canals..this is my observations...
Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....
jimmieb

Post by jimmieb »

when nature calls they will leave their favorite haunts & tributaries for the nearest ocean inlet when the tide and water temperature are right and reproduce like they have been doing for all of millennium. and a short time after that i will be throwing flies at sun up during a high tide and having a truly zen experience. i sincerely love summer time snook on the beach when using the long rod.

-jab
bonefishwhisperer

the King(myself) has taken another customer to urban freshwater heaven :twisted: ....sweet...this is Casey from Texas using a 5wt and a firetiger clouser...

Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....
bonefishwhisperer

some more shots for the sweetwater crowd...