So - which one of you is still for oil drilling in the Gulf?

Here is a place to talk about our Environmental Concerns.
TerryW

So - which one of you is still for oil drilling in the Gulf?

Post by TerryW »

To those who said it would not happen -- PFFFT on you. It did. It gives me no great pleasure that this oil mess is heading into the northern Gulf Coast instead of Tampa Bay..........there for the grace of god go us all.

Gulf Mess
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Re: So - which one of you is still for oil drilling in the G

Post by DaveR »

You mean God?
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

No need to drill, just wait for it to float ashore now. Todays news says it will a good 3 weeks to stop the leaks, and end of next week before they can even control it.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

It's a conspiricy . There has to be a way to stop this from happening.
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

TerryW wrote:To those who said it would not happen -- PFFFT on you. It did. It gives me no great pleasure that this oil mess is heading into the northern Gulf Coast instead of Tampa Bay..........there for the grace of god go us all.

Gulf Mess
Wasn't is BHO that just signed something to allow more drilling or exploration? Terry say it aint so you are PFFFFT to the president? I want to know why it has taken so long for a response from this administration to deal with this catastrophy? Is it all presidents hate louisiana?
Credo quia absurdum
1okbyme2

Post by 1okbyme2 »

justabucup said
"Wasn't is BHO that just signed something to allow more drilling or exploration? Terry say it aint so you are PFFFFT to the president? I want to know why it has taken so long for a response from this administration to deal with this catastrophy? Is it all presidents hate louisiana?"

Yeah buc, that's it, all the presidents hate La. :lol:
"They paved paradise and put up a parking lot" Joni Mitchell
Mother

Post by Mother »

So let’s keep buying oil from the Arabs… F’ing tree hugging idiots…
Here is something you can do if you care that much, instead of whining and bitching from your comfy seats while driving your big SUVs and trucks.

Anyone who wants to help in the areas affected by the spill can call the Deepwater Horizon Response Volunteer Request Line at 1-866-448-5816 or visit the following state websites:
• Florida: http://www.volunteerfloridadisaster.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/05/05/1 ... z0n42QghMz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DRILL BABY DRILL!!! :thumbleft:
“That brush beyond the big hump has been calling for a long time and maybe I better answer while I’m able” R.L.P
DoubleM

Post by DoubleM »

Spill baby Spill
Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.
silentrunning

Post by silentrunning »

Rather than paint all drilling as bad, let's look at some facts. BP did not follow best business practices. This does not mean ALL drilling is bad. It just means BP did a crappy job. Halliburton tried to shut them down but BP over rode their objections and kept pulling mud out of the well head. In that mud were chunks of the rubber gasket. This was a red flag that BP chose to ignore.

It may be a case that we need Fedral Inspectors on all wells being drilled just as we have inspectors at large dairy farms, food processors, etc. To shut down all drilling because someone had a problem is like shutting down all food processors because one had a case of salmanilla. America has turned into a country of partisan over reaction in the last few years. No one seems to want to find a middle ground solution that will work for our country.

I don't understand why the administration didn't form a brain trust of the best and brightest geologists, oilmen and Oceanografic scientists as soon as this happened to formulate a strategy to ensure that our Gulf would be safe. This would have accomplished far more than finger pointing.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
Rik

Post by Rik »

silentrunning wrote:
I don't understand why the administration didn't form a brain trust of the best and brightest geologists, oilmen and Oceanografic scientists as soon as this happened to formulate a strategy to ensure that our Gulf would be safe. This would have accomplished far more than finger pointing.
I don't know why this wasn't done decades ago in preparation for something like this. Frankly, I am surprised there wasn't a "SWAT" type team in place. The response from all levels seems to make it look like they'd never even considered that this may happen. This is a 'worse case scenario' that should have been part of any business or regulatory plan. I guess they believed 100% in those blow out protectors.

Right now, there are too many financial, legal and PR conflicts for the different groups to get together and figure out how to stop the flow and clean up the mess.

I still don't understand why they haven't dropped thousands of hay bales to stop it from getting into the marshes. It is virtually impossible to clean it up once it's gone in there.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Uncle Tommy
Black Tip Tommy

Post by Uncle Tommy »

chincy wrote:Spill baby Spill
Rooting for the devastation of our beaches, eh?
Please, call me Kate
silentrunning

Post by silentrunning »

I don't know why this wasn't done decades ago in preparation for something like this.
Congress was too busy with things like dress stains and baseball players using drugs to deal with this piddly stuff.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
DoubleM

Post by DoubleM »

Uncle Tommy wrote:
Not quite, its only a parody consisting of the right slogan and the current situation.
Don't be surprised to see some songs coming your way
Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

Hay bales would have been a good idea. At least that would have been something proactive.

I did see this on tv about a week ago and it amazingly worked but "officials" are ignoring the guy

http://alturl.com/w3xs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rik

Post by Rik »

There are so many people rushing in with gimmicks that they are hoping will make them rich overnight. Trying to separate the real stuff from the gimmicks is probably quite a job at BP.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Uncle Tommy
Black Tip Tommy

Post by Uncle Tommy »

chincy wrote:
Uncle Tommy wrote:
Not quite, its only a parody consisting of the right slogan and the current situation.
Don't be surprised to see some songs coming your way
Perhaps your childish slogan won't sound so naive once it's set to music.
Please, call me Kate