Manatees?

Flamingo to Big Bend
Karen and Fred

Manatees?

Post by Karen and Fred »

Another question from the newbies. I am flying my step daughter in Monday and would like to show her some manatees. We checked out Manatee Park and only saw 1 or 2. We did see 2 in Charlotte Harbor last night while fishing from the pier at night. I would like to bring her kayaking where we will see them. Some fishing at the same time would be a pleasure!!

I will take any suggestions! Thanks!!!
skinnywater

Re: Manatees?

Post by skinnywater »

Ft Desoto.
We saw a few and a couple of Dolphins on the east side of the Gulf Beach road. Its also an easy place to launch, just pull off the side of the road.
Kevin

"Am I missing and eyebrow?" - Adam Savage
Karen and Fred

Post by Karen and Fred »

Thanks Kevin. Maybe I will check it out. She only has a few days here and she doesn't understand why we want to move down here! We stayed up north while she was growing up but now we no longer need to do that!!
fishmaster892

Post by fishmaster892 »

Go to big bend power plant
Emotion Grand Slam Angler
Mako

Post by Mako »

The Apollo Beach Power Plant has both a viewing area where you can see them by the hundreds and there's a park at the end of AB Blvd to the right where you can launch the kayak and paddle to the outflow where they're concentrated. Good fishing for cobia, jacks, ladyfish, etc on the outflow too.

Best place in Tampa Bay...enjoy it!!!
Peter
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160