Saltwater tides

yaksailor

Saltwater tides

Post by yaksailor »

A question out there for everyone....Saltwater tides. Just to put it out there how important is it to you when you decide to head out for a day of fishing that the tides be in your favor? Do pass a beautiful day out because of a tide Like many I don't have the ability to hit the perfect tide so I try to get out when I can. I do like those outgoing tides but as of late they are coming in the wee hrs of the mornings. So what is your perfect tide for the species your targeting and why?
Casey US Navy Ret.
Heritage Redfish 12
Hobie Revolution 13.5
CooKnFish

Post by CooKnFish »

Never pass up a beautiful day because of crappy tides!

Tides are very important. It could mean the different between catching fish or rolling around in the mud [insert picture of Saltwater Cowboy].

The tide cycle you are seeing right now with the low tides in the morning and high tides at night are in transition and switching to the summertime pattern where you will find the high tides in the morning and negative lows in the evening.

Get out when you can. The more time you put in, the more you'll learn and you'll find a groove.
Paddles - they aren't just for the bedroom anymore.

~Mark~
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

CooKnFish wrote:Never pass up a beautiful day because of crappy tides!

And just because the tides are perfect don't put yourself at risk by going out on a terrible day.
DRock

Post by DRock »

I'm not an expert who knows when and where to fish each tide by any means.

My novice approach is just to make sure there will be water where I want to launch. Some put-ins may require a 30' walk across the mud to find water on a low tide. I just pick where I'm launching based on water availability on those early low-tide days. After that, sure I'd like moving water, but would never pass up a good day to get out!!
Derick
Tan W.S. Ride 135
bassboy

tides

Post by bassboy »

In a way bottom line if you can go fish on a beautiful go for it there is fish out regardless of the tide. Why wouldnt you want be on the water on a beautiful day but also make sure you check the winds even if you dont catch fish there still great pics to take of the scenery. Just go out and explore and can be amazing the things that you see. Good luck