mullet boaters

AnglerDrew

mullet boaters

Post by AnglerDrew »

I was out this past week at cockroch, and these mullet boaters where flying through the grass flats in about 1 to 2 foot of water well we could not use top water cause of all the grass they had ripped up. What could we do about them? They scare all the fish away.
yakrat

Post by yakrat »

A warning shot fired accross their bow will usually get their attention.
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

yakrat wrote:A warning shot fired accross their bow will usually get their attention.
And answered by a shot back at you.

Welcome to the fall mullet run. There will be a fleet of boats from VA to LA coming in to catch the roe fish. You will see more and more dark painted boats with gill nets in the backs on the roads. Too Bad FWC can't seem to find them out on the water :?
Credo quia absurdum
DayumSon

Post by DayumSon »

They are a pain, but sometimes you have to grin and bare it!

Two weeks ago I was fishing the roach with plenty of other kayak anglers and a mullet head sputters on by stating " Dayum where did all these kayakers come from.. They is all in our spots!"... Spit..ding! :roll:
"I once cried because I did not have any shoes to wear.... until I met a man with no feet"

Dayum Son!
AnglerDrew

Post by AnglerDrew »

do they really have to do that around the hole I'm fishing?
AnglerDrew

Post by AnglerDrew »

ya a warning shot would work and would be funny but with my luck the fwc would be all over me in seconds...
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Kayak vs. motor boat. Guess who wins.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Hornetbear

Post by Hornetbear »

Get video, get pics and get the numbers.

Then call FWC 1-888-404-3922

you can email them pics or just post them on the forum because FWC checks all the forums regularly.

I know this because the special investigations team has contacted me about pics I've posted...

I also know that they prosecute and write tickets based on photos.
AnglerDrew

Post by AnglerDrew »

really just by a photo. We need need to do somthing to keep them off grass their is plenty of other places...

fish on everyone
Rik

Post by Rik »

DaveR wrote:Kayak vs. motor boat. Guess who wins.
Confrontation is NOT your friend in this case. You probably don't want them to see that you are taking pics either.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
AnglerDrew

Post by AnglerDrew »

ya I know it just makes me mad... What they do isn't real fishing anyways. I'll play nice I guess
Blindmullet

Post by Blindmullet »

These guys fire warning shots at each other nevermind a guy in a plastic boat. Good luck with that and can I have your kayak? Wait until they get out along the beaches--bumper boats.
Team Pro Bass "Fishing Legendz"
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

AnglerDrew wrote:ya I know it just makes me mad... What they do isn't real fishing anyways. I'll play nice I guess
Not real fishing? Guys have been catching fish in nets since Jesus walked on water, if you believe that stuff.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
AnglerDrew

Post by AnglerDrew »

I'm not trying to pick a fight and no I dont belive that some walked on water.... All I'm saying if you see someone fishing in less then 4ft of water go somewhere else mullet are everywhere.
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

Jesus loves the Mullet men so should you. :lol:
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
TexasDan

Post by TexasDan »

AnglerDrew wrote:I'm not trying to pick a fight and no I dont belive that some walked on water.... All I'm saying if you see someone fishing in less then 4ft of water go somewhere else mullet are everywhere.
Amen. Jesus loves us yes he does.