Went camping for a week in Cape Cod
A Cape Cod lobsta trap
First fish
Several bluefish
Finally a striped bass
An Atlantic Ocean sunset
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

Nice! Did you move away or are you just on a long vacation?
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

Quality fish. Unlike many others, I luv Blues, they fight like mad and they eat very nicely.
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Used to eat many Jersey blues. Tried em here and they weren't very good fare. Great report! Quality fish.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
jfreak

Post by jfreak »

Vlap wrote:Nice! Did you move away or are you just on a long vacation?
My wife has some problems so I took the kids to NH to visit my family for the summer and give her time to work things out. After a few weeks she basically told me that she doesn't want to be married any more and I can have the kids. She loves the kids but she can't raise them. 14 years of marrage down the drain just like that. So I am staying up in NH as a single father starting all over again. Living with my parents now but move into our new apartment Sept 1. I just enrolled the kids in school and have a job interview at noon. I plan on continuing to post reports from the great white north (Lincoln NH).It is a nice small close knit community in the White Mountains I'll send ice fishing reports this winter.
Well, off to my job interview. Wish me luck

Chris
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

Chris I am so sorry to hear of your troubles. Sounds like you are getting things settled up there though. Good luck with the job interview!
jfreak

Post by jfreak »

I got the job. I start working here http://www.alpinezipline.com/ on Wednesday.
Shep

Post by Shep »

Sure hate to hear that. Congrats on the job though.
New place, new fishing adventures.
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

Congrats! Looks to be an interesting job. What will you be doing?
jfreak

Post by jfreak »

Vlap wrote:Congrats! Looks to be an interesting job. What will you be doing?
I will be in a management position. They want to start me out learning every aspect of the busness from the zipline to the front desk computers. The company is doing very well and is expanding. They have a lot of younger people working as guides and they have a management void that they want an older person to fill. My military and management experience made them very interested in me. It looks like a fun place to work and I would make enough to raise my two girls. I don't have a car (we were down to one car and my wife has it) but the company is only a half mile from my apartment and the girls school is even closer. Every thing we need is within walking distance. Even an awesome trout stream. I'll even be able to see the ski slope from my bedroom window.
The girls are adapting well to the new situation and my family has been a great help with them on that.
Having fun while the grandparents aren't home
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

Sounds like you and your girls are well set and doing as well as the situation allows. Im glad you are getting everything in order up there!
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

I sure feel for you, and especially for your young girls. Over the years I've found that stable parenting (by both) makes a huge difference in many aspects of a formative youngster's life. Shame your wife thinks otherwise.

Best to you. Sounds like you're on track already. :wink:
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
Erick
"Mister OLC"
"Mister OLC"

Post by Erick »

Some very nice photos, sure would like to catch a striper like that. Going through the same thing as you but sharing the kids. So I understand. I have a client who is a fly instructor for Bean up in NH area. Think he does most of his fishing in VT though, or maybe it is the other way around. Either way I look forward to your future reports as he as offered for me to come up for some fishing anytime.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jim Valvano

{{>=====<}} <'))))><ing
Vercetti

Post by Vercetti »

Sorry to hear about the family situation. Sound like the rest of your family is a good support. I love that are my grandpa lives across the street from loon mt. Is that the pemi g river?
- Jon
jfreak

Post by jfreak »

Vercetti wrote:Sorry to hear about the family situation. Sound like the rest of your family is a good support. I love that are my grandpa lives across the street from loon mt. Is that the pemi g river?
Yes, the Pemigewasset river is right across the street. Beautiful river. I can see part of Loon Mountain from my window.
Vercetti

Post by Vercetti »

jfreak wrote:
Vercetti wrote:Sorry to hear about the family situation. Sound like the rest of your family is a good support. I love that are my grandpa lives across the street from loon mt. Is that the pemi g river?
Yes, the Pemigewasset river is right across the street. Beautiful river. I can see part of Loon Mountain from my window.
Nice! Spent many a summer day in that river, and many a winter day X-Country skiing along side it. One of my favorite places to be in this great country. I'll be up there for 1 day in October for a granddaddy birthday bash, you can do a lot worse, my man, best of luck on your new start.
- Jon