2009 JKF Classic Registration - Over 150 registered!

KayakMike

2009 JKF Classic Registration - Over 150 registered!

Post by KayakMike »

Over 150 anglers have registered for the 2009 JKF Classic as of today, and of those registered 125 have purchased VIP entries! We're thrilled to see such great support and anticipate another blowout event. VIP entires will be limited to the first 200 paid so get yours in!

Registration is open for the 2009 Columbia Sportswear Jacksonville Kayak Fishing Classic at http://www.JacksonvilleKayakFIshingClassic.com - this year you will find there is an option on the form to make payment via credit card directly to Daniel instead of mailing a check.

The Columbia Sportwear company, one of the world's leading outdoor apparel manufacturers, has stepped up to be the title sponsor for the 2009 Jacksonville Kayak Fishing Classic for the benefit of DanielKids. Columbia Sportswear is making a significant cash and product donation to the Classic and will highlight it's new technology fishing apparel which is designed to be cool, sun resistant, and to release tough stains easily - a perfect fit for kayak fishing! Like all proceeds from the Classic, donations generated by the Columbia Sportwear shirts and VIP entires go to DanielKids, the benefit charity of the Classic.

The regular $60 entry which includes the typical incredible captain's bag is available as always, but this year there is also a special VIP entry package. The VIP entry costs $110 and features a new Columbia Sportswear custom embroidered fishing shirt (retail value $100), a Norton Brass Rattler Floating Fish Grip, and a premium captain's bag. VIP entires will be limited to the first 200 so get your registration in early. In addition the first 100 regular entries also get a premium captain's bag and a Norton Brass Rattler Floating Fish Grip.
http://www.JaxKayakFishing.Com - the Kayak Fishing Community of Jacksonville, FL
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

If you have ever thought about fishing this tournament you should do it. I have been two years in a row now and have already signed up for my third.

It is a very well run, and fun, tournament that benefits a great cause. The fishing is worlds different from what we are used to in our area which, for me at least, is one of the things that make it a good time.

Tremendous raffle prizes and it is nice to meet kayak anglers from all around the country. And if Vercetti can take second place in the slam almost anyone can win. :lol:

And you never know if we got a good paddle-fishing.com representation Mike may come fish one of our tournaments someday. :wink:
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Mako

Post by Mako »

definitely a must do tournament.....I've done it twice, missed it last year, and going back this year for "third time's a charm" :wink:
Peter
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
MarkM
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by MarkM »

I'm with Peter. Did two and missed last year, but will be back up there again this year. Always fun, right guys? :wink:

Todd, Vercetti, Mako, Erick, JMSnooky, not catching shizzit in Jax!! :lol:

Todd would have done much better if he'd had a rod attached to that reel!
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

Ok. I'm registered. I just hope someone will let me tag along with them since I've never fished there.
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
Mako

Post by Mako »

TerryW wrote:Ok. I'm registered. I just hope someone will let me tag along with them since I've never fished there.
if I were you I wouldn't follow anyone pictured above....well, maybe Vercetti :wink:

use your charm with one of the local guys during the captain's meeting...probably your best bet :lol:
Peter
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
GILs_GONE_WILD

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

I put my request to be off that weekend. If approved I'm heading up there!! Been talkin' and thinkin' about it long enough!
GIL

"Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~~ Edward Abbey
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

Mako wrote:
TerryW wrote:Ok. I'm registered. I just hope someone will let me tag along with them since I've never fished there.
if I were you I wouldn't follow anyone pictured above....well, maybe Vercetti :wink:

use your charm with one of the local guys during the captain's meeting...probably your best bet :lol:
I have a p-f guy that has invited me to fish with him........not that he knows any more than I do about that area. But, hey, he's fun and cute.
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

srsfsu

Post by srsfsu »

TerryW wrote:I have a p-f guy that has invited me to fish with him........not that he knows any more than I do about that area. But, hey, he's fun and cute.
Awww. Thanks for the compliment.
GILs_GONE_WILD

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

GILs_GONE_WILD wrote:I put my request to be off that weekend. If approved I'm heading up there!! Been talkin' and thinkin' about it long enough!
Just got home from work and checking the vacation schedule. :cry: I can get off that Saturday but not Friday. :( :( Not real crazy about heading for Jacksonville after a full day's work.

If I had everything loaded and ready to go I could leave right after work and possibly make the captains meeting.

I may consider doing that but right now .... it ain't lookin' so good! :cry:
GIL

GILs_GONE_WILD

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

GILs_GONE_WILD wrote: I may consider doing that but right now .... it ain't lookin' so good! :cry:
Lookin' up a little.

Boss said I could get off work 2 hours early on the Friday of the "Captains Meeting". That would put me on the way home at 11:00am. I could have the truck loaded and bypass home. Should put me into JAX around 2-ish.
GIL

Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

I just found out I cannot make it also. :cry:
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Vercetti

Post by Vercetti »

Todd wrote:I just found out I cannot make it also. :cry:
Booo! Bad form man, I thought you were the boss.

Gill if you are going to be late to the capt. meeting, let one of us know we will pick up your goods and deliver them to you.

This is an absolute top notch tournament. I have fished in 4 or 5 of them and each is as good if not better then the last. It is not to be missed if you can swing it.
- Jon
Vercetti

Post by Vercetti »

= Todd on tournament day :lol:
- Jon
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

I told Todd that he would be REQUIRED to wear a fancy hat but he just didn't get it. I am thinking of some other ideas with feathers and things.
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

MarkM
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by MarkM »

Can you make a Mint Julep with Mt. Gay rum??? (I guess if you wear one of those funny little hats you can.)