Nemire Lures

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
J.P. FROG

Nemire Lures

Post by J.P. FROG »

I was reading an older issue of Florida Sportsman while waiting for a doctors appointment the other day and read an article that mentioned the Nemire Lure, a spoon that they (the author of the article) said was the most (virtually) weedless spoon on the market.

I visited their website http://www.nemirelures.com/collections/red-ripper to get more information on their lures. Their lures sound very intriguing, with a built in "sonic sound chamber".

I ordered some to give them a try, but 'am curious if anyone else has tried them and what their opinion of the lure is.
Gary

[i]He who looks outside dreams. He who looks within awakens.[/i]
americanrobster

Post by americanrobster »

Interesting. I would have to work on tying better knots to start using those. Hope they work out for you.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

I tried them years ago, was not impressed. There have been numerous quality issues associated with the Nemire spoons. I understand that those have been fixed but the first one I ever had fell apart and that turned me away from them. Spoons are pretty simple, I don't see much reason to reinvent the wheel with all that fancy crap on it. And they are far from weedless. I still have one, wish you would have asked, I would have given it to you.

It is also a heavy spoon, I prefer 1/4 oz. spoons.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

I sure wish you had asked before you bought them.
everyone I ever bought was total crap. The hooks broke off very easy. One hook broke while I was tying it on the first time.
I hope they have improved for your sake but I will never buy another.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
fishpirate

Post by fishpirate »

I love em. They have alway's worked for me.
fishinfoflounder

Post by fishinfoflounder »

fishpirate wrote:I love em. They have alway's worked for me.
I think you said that just to piss in Todd & Redfishers fruit loops. :lol:
DAILY THOUGHT: MOST PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY
BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
J.P. FROG

Post by J.P. FROG »

Thanks for the replies and opinions, guys. I guess I will just have to form my own opinion after trying them out. I hope they have worked out the problems reported and they are at least a good, if not an outstanding, lure now.

Fishpirate, if you weren't saying you loved em, just to piss in Todd & Redfishers fruit loops :lol:, what is it you really like about the lure?
Gary

Erick
"Mister OLC"
"Mister OLC"

Post by Erick »

They have "attempted" to improve the quality of the hooks because they did have many problems. Lot of breakage issues......we had a hard time getting dealers to stock them. As pointed out, dont count on them being weedless either. If John has been able to fix the quality issues then it can be a pretty good spoon. It will catch fish though.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jim Valvano

{{>=====<}} <'))))><ing
ratherbefishin

Post by ratherbefishin »

Seen these before but never tried them, though I have heard of the breakage issue. BPS used to puch them pretty hard with a display in their store in Orlando. Seems a good redfish option though.

P.S. How do you get the Dr. office to have FSM? All mine ever has is some celebrity rag, Bladder Weekly and some Diabetes magazine.
Curt

Well, hell, SOMEBODY has to catch lizardfish.
J.P. FROG

Post by J.P. FROG »

ratherbefishin wrote:P.S. How do you get the Dr. office to have FSM? All mine ever has is some celebrity rag, Bladder Weekly and some Diabetes magazine.
It was Dr. Updegraff's office. He preformed my lasik surgery almost a year ago. Just in for the annual checkup. In fact, while he was performing my lasik surgery, we were talking fishing. :lol:

Dr. Updegraff and his father are avid fisherman, so you would expect them to have some quality fishing magazines laying around. :wink:
Gary

fishpirate

Post by fishpirate »

Hey J.P. Frog, Do me a favor and look at the Hall of Fame pics (Tony Diaz) and check out the red that ate that same spoon. Thanks.
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

I swear that lure was ment to catch fishermen not fish. Looks like a good idea but it's a piece of crap. It's also not real productive.
0 0 1
DoubleM

Post by DoubleM »

saw those for sale at west marine last night, incase you want to save on shipping..
J.P. FROG

Post by J.P. FROG »

I received my order in the mail today.

The quality of the lure looks good, with the exception of the thickness of the hook. It looks like they could have used a thicker gauge hook.

I won't be able to give them a try until the middle of next week, but I will keep you all posted on how they perform and how I like them.

Thank ya'll for your replies and opinions.
Gary

Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

Good luck!
I certainly didn't mean anything bad and noone is pissing on me for different experiences. In fact I would be happy to hear that their quality has improved and Gary slayed the redfish with them. :D
I would suggest you rinse it good after use in saltwater.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
J.P. FROG

Post by J.P. FROG »

redfisher wrote:I would suggest you rinse it good after use in saltwater.
Which brings up another topic that might be worth starting a new thread. Do you think Gulp Juice has enough oil in it to simply leave any used lures/hooks in the juice until next use?
Gary