PFTS SPONSOR

Post by finatic »

Have you tied a Gulp! fly yet?
:roll:
The artist formally known as Snookfinatic

finaticdesigns.com
GILs_GONE_WILD

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

Snookfinatic wrote:Have you tied a Gulp! fly yet?
:roll:
Nah, never tipped a fly with any bait nor sprayed or dipped the fly in any scent either but, should someone want to do that, that's fine with me.
GIL

"Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~~ Edward Abbey
Chief1600

Post by Chief1600 »

Snookfinatic wrote:the majority of fly chuckers are "Bi" anyway. (Bi=fly/spin) :lol:
Our dirty little secret :lol:
Jim - snooty elitist

"Of all pursuits mankind has devised to make you look stupid and uncoordinated, fly fishing is unquestionably number one." Jack Ohman, Fear of Fly Fishing
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

Fly fishing is the sex, and throwing a topwater is the masturbation....both are good....but its just a little harder to admit throwing the topwater. :lol: And when I aint getting any, I always have a good backup that does the trick well!
"I tell you now we won't give in
Without a vicious fight, We've been battered and left for dead, We've been beaten and we have bled-Versus the world" ~Amon Amarth
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

Rooster wrote:Fly fishing is the sex, and throwing a topwater is the masturbation....both are good....but its just a little harder to admit throwing the topwater. :lol: And when I aint getting any, I always have a good backup that does the trick well!
Don't drink and post.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
bonefishwhisperer

Post by bonefishwhisperer »

rest assured you will never see me going both ways :lol:
Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....
GILs_GONE_WILD

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

Snookfinatic, here's fly fishing version of the beetle spin. We left the spinner off of this one. :D

The Gummy Minnow

GIL

finatic
PFTS SPONSOR
PFTS SPONSOR

Post by finatic »

GILs_GONE_WILD wrote:Snookfinatic, here's fly fishing version of the beetle spin. We left the spinner off of this one. :D

The Gummy Minnow

What has this world come to?
Whatever catches fish I guess.

I had an old school flyfisherman from out West make fun of me just for throwing woolybuggers in a stream in Montana. He was born flyfishing throwing dry flies and when I schooled his a$$ in his home waters he opened his eyes a bit.
The artist formally known as Snookfinatic

finaticdesigns.com
bonefishwhisperer

Post by bonefishwhisperer »

I will be throwing woollybuggers today myself....for REDFISH!!!! thats right...even have gold cone weight to bounce it properly just like for rainbow trout...tied in burnt orange and trimmes in new pennie and gold I have no doubt it will be a success...also I have never used a gummie minnow but that picture posted looks deadly as hell...are they rubber or something? this isnt something you make but something you buy?...I use such a limited selection that I have never used a gummie/spoonfly/crease fly etc
Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....
islander

Post by islander »

bonefishwhisperer wrote:I will be throwing woollybuggers today myself....for REDFISH!!!! thats right...even have gold cone weight to bounce it properly just like for rainbow trout...tied in burnt orange and trimmes in new pennie and gold I have no doubt it will be a success...also I have never used a gummie minnow but that picture posted looks deadly as hell...are they rubber or something? this isnt something you make but something you buy?...I use such a limited selection that I have never used a gummie/spoonfly/crease fly etc
Brown wooly buggers with an estaz body work. I had problems with the hackle breaking though. I even tried the gold wire trick. Just using Estaz works well too.

You can "tie" gummy minnows. They sell materials for it. Don't ask me how. I refuse...
www.lemonbayconservancy.org
GILs_GONE_WILD

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

bonefishwhisperer wrote: ...also I have never used a gummie minnow but that picture posted looks deadly as hell...are they rubber or something?
From the web site http://www.saltwaterflies.com

This has got to be one of the craziest flies that we've ever seen! Blane Chocklett's Gummy Minnow is truly innovative. Made from a new soft, reflective material called "Sili Skin", this fly looks and feels like a real baitfish! This fly has produced some great catches for anglers targeting bonito / false albacore, and we have no doubt that stripers, snook, and more are really going to chew on the Gummy Minnow! We recently had a report that this fly absolutely slays the tarpon and bonefish in Los Roques - if you're going to Los Roques, you'll want a big handful of these!.
GIL

BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

if you're going to Los Roques, you'll want a big handful of these!.
Who says you have to be smart to be rich?
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch