GoombaWeen - 2008

Heywood

GoombaWeen - 2008

Post by Heywood »

As I had to come home early, I'll start the report. What a great weekend.

After another close encounter with a stingray, I headed in from fishing Friday evening early. We were all treated to a beautiful sunset.

Friday night, once everyone was settled in, we lit the camp fire and the conversation began. At some point in the evening there was talk about shaving raccons, I think some rum was involved, a Fanatic was posing, it got crazy. Someone else got the camp fire pictures, hope they will post them later.

Saturday morning came early, cold, windy and foggy. The boys arrived and after introductions were made, they were soon ready to head out.

Sam giving the boys paddling instructions.

What a great group of young men, despite the crummy fishing conditions, they made the most of the time we had on the water.

A grumpy ole man and one of the young guns paddling peacfully together.

After the morning fishing, we all came back in for lunch. After lunch, an impromtude game of BACK broke out. I believe the young guns won by a land slide.

If you have anymore pictures, post em up.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Sledford

Post by Sledford »

It was a great weekend. Thanks for coming and thanks for the pictures. I will post mine soon.
Sam
FLPat

Post by FLPat »

I cannot even begin to say how much fun I had and how wonderful everyone was. The fishing was not the best, but the company was stellar!

And my tent, which was used this weekend for the first time, stayed dry!!!!

Thank you to all for the incredible planning that went into this event--everything went so well!! And the food was beyond belief--fish stew, seafood gumbo -- both to die for! Plus a full cooked breakfast each morning!

I will never look at racoons, razors, rum, or quail eggs the same way again!

Pat & her Heritage Redfish
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

I only made it out for saturday and regret not being there friday and sunday.

The stories I heard were incredible. Something about raccoons with shaved backsides.

This group of people out there are top notch. I had a hard time leaving sat night. I wish I had brought my dog so I could have stayed and enjoyed the campfire and company.

Thanks to CB, Mrs. CB and Tropview for some incredible food!

When are we camping again? I will make it for the whole weekend!!!
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
CooKnFish

Post by CooKnFish »

I showed up early on Friday to get as many hours of fishing in before becoming a working man again on Monday. Marco and I tried to take advantage of the low tide but came up short. Only caught a couple of snook all day. Sharon showed up after work and we launched again for a couple of hours before sunset. She showed me everything I was doing wrong.

The fireside gang...

... spent the evening making smores...

... and sharing philosophies. Jeff wasn't feeling well until someone offered up some rum. He had a little Captain in him and struck the pose... but it looked more like the Karate Kid doing I'm a little Teapot. :lol:

And then the Captain was out...

The next morning, Sharon and I crawled out of the tent as the kids were launching the kayaks. Vlap joined us and we lazily meandered to the water. Since Jeff was tagging along, I had to take him on the infamous "scenic route". Like any good fishing buddy would do, I made him go first to test the muck level before stepping out into it myself.

Along the way we came across a conch feeding frenzy. I had to use a special shutter speed enabling me to catch the action.

Fishing was slow so we met up with the group back at camp for lunch.

What was the final of the BACK Ball game? The last I remember was 11-7 and the Young Folks were beating the Old Farts.

Later that evening after the kids were gone, dinner was eaten, and the ranger brought us some bug juice in the nick of time, we huddled around the fire once more.

More story telling led to a motorcycle wreck that almost compromised the safe delivery of the eggs. What happened in reality...

... was by far more surreal than anything dreamed up.

Paddles - they aren't just for the bedroom anymore.

~Mark~
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=25997&st

Post by Norm »

I sure thought about you guys. Looks like you had a good time inspite of my not being there :roll: :lol: Sucks that I had to work :x Working on a Saturday is rare for me.
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
Mrs. CB

Post by Mrs. CB »

I know that each month - I continue to say that these Goombas just seem to keep getting better ... THIS one topped all!!! ...

HUGE thanks to Jeff -- this man knows how to have some fun!!!

Thanks to CB & Audrey for picking up my slack during the cook/serve portion of the Goomba ...

in fact, welcome back Mike & Audrey!!! ... good folks ... thanks for the Jimmy Buffett tickets too ... that was GREAT

Heywood -- Wow!!! ... excellent pictures ... also, thanks for helping the kids launch ... that extra effort surely gave them a sense of safety on their maiden voyage ...

Mike (H20Dawg) & Dianna -- thanks for the help with the tents ...

CB & Tropview -- the food was beyond delicious ... thank you both for the dedication put forth in giving us a fine dinner each night!!! ...

Chief -- supplying the tents came in handy because of the rainy :lol: -- at times, we stuffed 20 or more people underneath the smaller tent -- just for fun - since we did leave the larger tent completely unoccupied during a couple of the showers :wink: ) ... Thank you!!!

Also, thanks to: Sharon, Cook, Chris, Pat, Carolyn, Carol, Julie, Rory, Merrick, Gary, VLAP, MadMarco & Family and of course -- SAM for sharing in this fun event!!! ... hope I didn't miss anyone (besides the raccoons) that attended ...

AND another big thanks to those that donated items that were unable to attend ...

DON'T ASK:

CooKnFish

Post by CooKnFish »

Mrs. CB wrote:DON'T ASK:
Paddles - they aren't just for the bedroom anymore.

~Mark~
J.P. FROG

Post by J.P. FROG »

This was my third BACK Goomba at E. G. Simmons Park and this one was just as stellar as the previous two.

Upon returning to my tent, after having dinner the first night with H20Dawg and Dianna, I found four raccoons inside my tent having their dinner. I wish I had video of me trying to get them out. It was hilarious, but boy, what a mess they made.

I'll let my pictures tell the rest of the story.

Another great Goomba. Thanks to all that made this possible.

For the rest of the pictures, go to: Click here.
Gary

[i]He who looks outside dreams. He who looks within awakens.[/i]
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Excellent weekend!! If you missed it, shame on you, there was much fun!:lol:
Gary, as usual fantastic pictures. My favorites are the ones with Marcos daughter. :D We could have done without the pictures of Jeff's butt. :oops:
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Mark R

Re: http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=25997&am

Post by Mark R »

Norm wrote:I sure thought about you guys. Looks like you had a good time inspite of my not being there :roll: :lol: Sucks that I had to work :x Working on a Saturday is rare for me.
I thought it was quiet out there! :lol: :lol:
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
madmarco

Post by madmarco »

Hey folks, Let me tell you what a blast my family and I had on Saturday, everyone that was there was really cool. 8) . I didnt charge my camera batteries so the only photos I have are from Friday trip with Mark, but I can tell you Gary took alot of memorable photos. And he sure was fun hanging around with as always. Thanks to Mark (tropview) , Craig and Mrs. CB, for the awesome food and company. Jeff(snookfinatic) great game! Jeff(vlap) great cigar and company! Bill a cool dude too. Sam, the leader of the pack! All the kids I got to meet and hang out with were really cool. And everyone I had a chance to meet were all very good company. Sharon, I just wanted to see you catch a fish. I missed it! Mark (cooknfish) great fishing and lessons ! Your a natural when it comes to fishing dude. You rock!

GOOD TIMES, GOOD TIMES!
GILs_GONE_WILD

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

CooKnFish wrote:I the ranger brought us some bug juice in the nick of time,
CooKnFish wrote:
Never seen "bug juice" come in a green bottle like that but hey .... :wink:
GIL

"Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~~ Edward Abbey
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

Incredible guys!

"Karate Kid/Little Teapot" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
fishmaster892

Post by fishmaster892 »

had a great time i wanna go again
H2ODawg

Post by H2ODawg »

Didn't see this thread until after I had already posted Dianna's pics on another thread. Sorry. Maybe Ric can move them to this thread so they will be all together. Once again, GREAT WEEKEND!!!
I fish, therefore I am.

MIKE