Your home waters & The PFTS...

Of the following PFTS areas. Which do you consider your home waters.

South Shore of Tampa Bay
32%
Upper Tampa Bay
16%
Perico Area
11%
Weedon Island
8%
Fort Desoto
34%

Total votes: 38

Tide1on

Your home waters & The PFTS...

Post by Tide1on »

Which do you consider your "home waters" for the upcoming PFTS.
Also how have you done in the past PFTS and OLC events in your home waters? Did you place... 1st, 2nd or 3rd?

The "South Shore of Tampa Bay" would be my "home waters" and I've never placed fishing there either.

Steve
NATIVE Redfish14
Your Wallet - The one place Democrats are willing to drill

Steve
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

I have never won anything in a PFTS, mainly due to lack of trying.

When I did win in the OLC it was in waters I had never fished before.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
CooKnFish

Post by CooKnFish »

I can't choose more than one?
Paddles - they aren't just for the bedroom anymore.

~Mark~
MarkM
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by MarkM »

I haven't won anything in a PFTS either. Then again, I think there was only one in my home waters (UTB) and it was in the middle of January. I have, however, caught 2 first place snook in 2 other tournaments where I've fished there, so I guess you'd say I like it.
Erick
"Mister OLC"
"Mister OLC"

Post by Erick »

Todd being a scholar and a gentleman always lets everyone else win. What a guy.

My home waters used to be Upper Tampa Bay, primarily because it was close to home and easy to fish for me. So I knew the area well, and that certainly helps. But my best events over the years were in other areas.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jim Valvano

{{>=====<}} <'))))><ing
seeinred

Post by seeinred »

CooKnFish wrote:I can't choose more than one?

That's what I'm wondering...
For more kayak fishing reports, tips, and fishing charters please visit;
http://tampabaykayakcharters.com/

Spencer
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Erick wrote:Todd being a scholar and a gentleman always lets everyone else win. What a guy.
As you know the person in charge is the last one on the water and the first one off on tournament day. I do that out of the goodness of my heart. :lol:

And yes, I need more than one choice as well.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Blindmullet

Post by Blindmullet »

I did better in all the places I don't fish. Thanks Steve! :)
Team Pro Bass "Fishing Legendz"
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

I definitely have two "home" waters so I really can't answer your poll, Steve.

My home-home waters are on a fresh water lake. Yuck and double yuck.

My closest to #1 home is the SouthShore.... and yet I have only fished there once in several months. I didn't do too poorly there during the 321 Tourney, though.

My #2 home waters would be Perico, where I tend to fish the most often. I stunk when I fished there for the OLCs. (Or maybe it was Eric's choice of lures that stunk. :wink: )

Fort D feels like my second home, but I didn't do very well there in the last tourney.

Hmmm. I'm thinking that I'll do better on the SouthShore if I don't fish there at all until the tourney. :wink:
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
bassboy

Post by bassboy »

i enjoy the south shore b/c its close to home and where i took my daughter on her first yak trip she even got out and waded with me not bad for a 6 yr. old. my 2nd would have to be weedon island i will never forget that trip (vercetti) asked me if i wanted to go fishing with him i said sure not thinking on what to where it was about 40 degrees with a wind chill factor (mako) comes out with us he is warm as can be long sleeve, long pants and that ugly beanie cap that has some logo on it U of M like there a real team anyway it was good times to always look back on so needless to say i am looking forward to another great season of fishing this tournament season. :)
Vercetti

Post by Vercetti »

bassboy wrote:i enjoy the south shore b/c its close to home and where i took my daughter on her first long-haired bovine trip she even got out and waded with me not bad for a 6 yr. old. my 2nd would have to be weedon island i will never forget that trip (vercetti) asked me if i wanted to go fishing with him i said sure not thinking on what to where it was about 40 degrees with a wind chill factor (mako) comes out with us he is warm as can be long sleeve, long pants and that ugly beanie cap that has some logo on it U of M like there a real team anyway it was good times to always look back on so needless to say i am looking forward to another great season of fishing this tournament season. :)
I should have shown you how to use proper grammar before showing you all the good fishing spots around Tampa Bay. Try some punctuation, brother.

By the way, I picked Weedon Island just to help make more of an evenly distributed, inverted bell curve for the statistics folks out there.
- Jon
Rik

Post by Rik »

Geez, the guy quits fishing and has become an English teacher.....
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
paddlaroun

Post by paddlaroun »

Don't see my home waters on the list. :cry: I did place in a tournament fishing on the south shore. Definately a spot I don't fish at much.
Dan Native 12
"Sleep in fish late"

"I know the waters cold! Wet your hand anyway!!!"
Mako

Post by Mako »

....so many excuses for not catching fish at those locations

I live in LOL so my home waters are "all of the above"

Now, about placing on tournaments in those areas before? well, let's see...I beat Vercetti (the english teacher) at the last minute fishing at Weedon because I was stubborn enough to fish the flats with 20 mph winds.
Then, I do the prefishing for him at Perico and the sucker catches a couple reds at the end of the day to take home the trophy.
Finally, I return the favor by catching a big red and 2 trout at Desoto using a funny looking tandem lure to collect yet another chunk of glass (he'll tell you this last one don't count because he had to leave early... :wink: )

conclusion, you can catch fish at any of the locations above......unless your name is Todd or Mark :shock:

this one 's for you Bassboy :lol:

Peter
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
MarkM
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by MarkM »

Mako wrote:conclusion, you can catch fish at any of the locations above......unless your name is Todd or Mark :shock:
Todd and I don't actually fish during these tournaments. It would hardly be fair to award all the prizes to ourselves. Then the rest of you mooks would quit fishing them. :lol:
srsfsu

Post by srsfsu »

Where is the option for "Gulf of Mexico"?

Fish bow to me.