Cuda fly....

Rooster

Cuda fly....

Post by Rooster »

Came up with this for my trip offshore, double hook rig with some EP fibers tied on, and googly eyes.....simple to tie but its a bit tough to throw, it worked on the first cast and I only had one, all my other creations were failures..

"I tell you now we won't give in
Without a vicious fight, We've been battered and left for dead, We've been beaten and we have bled-Versus the world" ~Amon Amarth
Rik

Post by Rik »

I'd bet that fly is done after one cuda.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

Rik wrote:I'd bet that fly is done after one cuda.
I bet all flys are done after one cuda :lol:
Without a vicious fight, We've been battered and left for dead, We've been beaten and we have bled-Versus the world" ~Amon Amarth
Chief1600

Post by Chief1600 »

Can't see the double hook in the picture, hows that set up?
Jim - snooty elitist

"Of all pursuits mankind has devised to make you look stupid and uncoordinated, fly fishing is unquestionably number one." Jack Ohman, Fear of Fly Fishing
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

I got two long shanked 2/0 hooks, and I pinched the barb on the first and inserted that into the eye of the seond hook. Then I put few wraps of thread in the bend of the first hook (below the eye of the second hook), to keep the second hook from sliding down and falling off. A dab of superglue to keep the shanks alligned straight so the second hook dont flop around and mess up the shape of the fur. I got quite a few more to tie, as with all flies for nasty toothed critters, Im sure you only get a one fish deal per fly so you need allof ot em' that being said, I could do a step by step tying instructions if you all would like me to, but once the double hook thing is pointed out, the rest of the fly itself is pretty self explanitory.
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

After a few hours of alternating from the vice to the local pond (my test area). I came up with a revamped version of this cuda fly. Its smaller, more manageable, and A BILLION TIMES easier to throw and tie, yet looks even more like the prey its representing, the needlefish. I've perfected a vesion I have allot of confidence in. I'm really excited to test this one out in an actual situation with cuda's around. I'll post pics today after I wake up :lol: . Dubbing it the EP needlefish, and the massive monstrosity in the first post will be a show peice till I get a 12 or 14wt to throw it :lol:...that one is just too big and cumbersome for a 9 wt.
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

I have never seen a needlefish offshore before....
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

BearsFan wrote:I have never seen a needlefish offshore before....
I have seen tons of em', unless they were ballyhoo :? They wre long and skinny with a long nose is all I know but they are out there and there are lots of em'
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

Yeah that would be Ballyhoo!
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

and so my fly is renamed the EP ballyhoo :lol: