no problem
76%
no way!
24%

Total votes: 29

paulbop

I hope I do not get skinned for asking

Post by paulbop »

What are the thoughts on fishing with a hobie pedal fisherman. I would really like to meet other kayakers but I have heard many frown upon non traditional kayakers. I am a 28 yr old businessman who does not get to meet many people who are as die hard fisherman as myself. Anyone game to do some fishing this weekend? I usually fish Anclote but am getting tired of catching trout and shark all day. I like to get out very early on Sat or Sunday. I am catch and release (and photograph) only and want to learn some new spots and tips. Hope to see you all on the water! Tight lines. Paul
tbray

Post by tbray »

dude- if anyone has a problem with that, they are probably wearing their undies too tight.

now if you show up with the little yellow bucket, you may be in trouble :wink:
I make plaid look....well....like plaid
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

I believe there are several Hobie owners here on PF.

Paging Terry, Paging Terry, oh wait, she owns a stinkpot now. Never mind.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Chief1600

Post by Chief1600 »

I don't see a problem, as long as it's not a disguised jet ski :) Fhere are several people here who use the Mirage drive Hobies (I'm not one of them). We all pick on each other but overall we are pretty accepting of anybody who fishes legally and ethically.
As long as you remember that we fly fishers are the elite of the elite, there's no problem :wink:
Jim - snooty elitist

"Of all pursuits mankind has devised to make you look stupid and uncoordinated, fly fishing is unquestionably number one." Jack Ohman, Fear of Fly Fishing
LivelyBaits

Post by LivelyBaits »

It is ok as long as you know the Hobie salute.
pee-dash-eff, "Desperate. H.W"
kspops

Post by kspops »

Your problem may not be the Hobie, rather the fact that you are way up north with the eskimos. :lol: (Like me)

If you are up for it, I am going to try to get out Sunday at Brasher Park, at the end of Old Post Road. Port Richey. Saturday, I hope to get some fishing time down around Perico Island before the PFTS cut-off.
Yes, I can get 20 feet of Pontoon boat equipment on a 16 foot Pontoon boat....
Riverpirate

Post by Riverpirate »

I have no problem with it, but it 's not for me.
paulbop

Post by paulbop »

Good I just wanted to make sure I was on a freindly board to Hobies. Fly fishing is for sissies and old fogies!!!! J/K I have yet to do any salty fly fishing. All my experience is with trout in up-state NY. What are you targeting Kspops?
Rik

Post by Rik »

Are there kayak boards that are unfriendly to Hobies? There has always been and probably will always be a bit of ribbing between the peddlers and paddlers but unfriendly?
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Chief1600

Post by Chief1600 »

paulbop wrote: Fly fishing is for sissies and old fogies!!!!
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Jim - snooty elitist

"Of all pursuits mankind has devised to make you look stupid and uncoordinated, fly fishing is unquestionably number one." Jack Ohman, Fear of Fly Fishing
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=18774&st

Post by Norm »

JP Frog has a Hobie as well, and you couldnt ask for a nicer guy...especially if your alternator, battery, starter, transmission, radio antenna, tailpipe...quits, dies, stops, goes in reverse only, gets stolen, falls off, need a babysitter, cook, maid, doctor, lawyer, indian chief, policeman, Reverend(no... scratch that :roll: )
Photographer extrodinere as well...he has forgotten more than most of us will ever know 8)
Has been seen wearing a cape I do believe :lol:
Anyhow, you get the idea...several of those peddle-people here amongst us and you are welcome as well. Im sure you will have no problem finding someone to fish with.
I also should extend an invitation for you to join us at Bill Jackson's every 3rd Tuesday of each month for a BACK meeting. Food and drink is provided and we usually have a great time listening to whomever we have come in to talk to us. The following Saturday or Sunday we also have a GOOMBA get-together(weather permitting) for a fishing outing and lunch. Looking forward to seeing you and welcome to the board.
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
Alnorito

Post by Alnorito »

At what time you guys meet at bil's.
RockinNReelin

Post by RockinNReelin »

I'm currently without a boat but I've paddled for the past 7 years and I'm working on getting into peddling! I'll be fishing the Osprey Bay tourney this year from a Hobie, thanks to the new and improved Tackle Shack!
~Sharon~
Never lie to someone you trust, Never trust someone who lies to you.
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=18774&st

Post by Norm »

Alnorito wrote:At what time you guys meet at bil's.
We start gathering up around 6:30 and the meeting starts around 7 8)
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
Mrs. CB

Post by Mrs. CB »

Geez Norm!!!! - I resemble that remark :oops: ...

I could never say enough good things about Gary -- he's wonderful, he's the Frog -- he's WonderFrog!!!

actually, I've seen him pedal (peddle???) on quite a few occasions ... he can haul butt past me paddling in my Drifter ...

I'd venture to say a kayak of any kind is acceptable ...
Alnorito

Post by Alnorito »

Thank you.I hope i can make the next one;can really use some new friends especially the type that fish like me.From a kayak wthat a wonderful thing. :wink: