Tierra Verde...5/3

Flamingo to Big Bend
Triton

Tierra Verde...5/3

Post by Triton »

I've been busy the last few weeks studying up for finals. I took my last exam for this semester on Wednesday, and got out fishing on Thursday. JFisch and I got out early to fish the Tierra Verde area. Things started out slow. I wanted to go check out Shell Is. to see if we could get on some snook. Only saw 2 snook, but they wouldn't bite. We did manage some ladies and some small groupers on the rocks.

Came back to some of the spoil islands where we found a good number of reds. Most were taken on a Gulp shrimp new penny. Found some nice looking water that was holding lots of mullet with some reds mixed in, but we couldn't get them to take gulps. I switched to a jerk bait and they finally turned on.

I went out today after work to Big Is, but didn't even see one fish. Lots of mullet, but no fish.

Triton
Erick
"Mister OLC"
"Mister OLC"

Post by Erick »

That was pretty cool. What were you using to shoot the video? I dont think most still digital cameras have that long of video. Or at least mine doesnt. I think it is more like 2 minutes max. And where do you host it and what else is involved in getting it up so other can view it. And how do you mount it to your kayak.

I see more video on here than in the past, so now I am curious.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jim Valvano

{{>=====<}} <'))))><ing
Fishfreak08

Post by Fishfreak08 »

Great video....looks like a bunch of fun....My stepdad was just talkin about how he used to go to Tierra Verde when he went to USF....have a goodn'
Tan Emotion kayak "Mojo"...17 years old..Love to fish!!!
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Just thinking we have come a long way since black and white pics of tarpon hanging from a board. Well done!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Triton

Post by Triton »

Thanks,

I was using my Olympus Stylus 770 SW. I set the camera up on a tripod in front of my legs. I'll take a picture of the setup next time I'm out on the y@k. I have a 1 GB memory card that can take 40+ minutes of video. I use Microsoft Movie Maker to edit the videos, add music, etc. I host the video on Photobucket (works similar to hosting pics).

One tip that I can give is to shoot some video around the house, get it on Microsoft Movie Maker (or other editing programs) and start playing around with all the tools. This will help you learn how to apply all the editing tools.

Triton
Bigfish171
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Bigfish171 »

Very cool video!!
Dave
J-Crum

Post by J-Crum »

WOW,
Very impresive, nice little break from work. :- }
Thanks for sharing!

-Jermaine
shallowrider

Post by shallowrider »

nice video, you even were adjusting the camera while you were catching that one fish. :D
shallowrider

Post by shallowrider »

Erick wrote:That was pretty cool. What were you using to shoot the video? I dont think most still digital cameras have that long of video. Or at least mine doesnt. I think it is more like 2 minutes max. And where do you host it and what else is involved in getting it up so other can view it. And how do you mount it to your kayak.

I see more video on here than in the past, so now I am curious.
If you get some memory for your camera like from crucial.com you can take lots of videos.That is if you have a digital camera that will accept memory cards. I have 2gb in my camera can take over an hours worth of video.
paddln4reds

Post by paddln4reds »

Very Nice! Enjoyed watching it...makes me want to go hit the water now! :lol: Thanks for sharing! 8)
Rick

T140 Yellow
T120 Slate
T130 Mango
T130 Lime
J.P. FROG

Post by J.P. FROG »

You inspired me to use the video capabilities of my camera for the first time this past weekend.

Great video. I'll have to come up with some type of mount for the camera now.

Thanks for sharing.
Gary

[i]He who looks outside dreams. He who looks within awakens.[/i]