uk report

Let's hear reports from other places.
ray-uk

uk report

Post by ray-uk »

Managed to get out for few hours this morning, weather was lousy, windy and persistently raining, but fishin’s fishin and ya got to do it when ya can.

The rivers are closed; the pike are spawning, so it was off to a local farm pond to see if anything was biting.

Set up today was a float rod, 13ft with a fast tip action.

Reel was loaded with 5lb mono, a 6â€
I'm not here to be liked. I do this for the good of the paddle-fishing community.
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Great report as always. Thanks for sharing!

Now, were can I find Cat Meat!

:)
James

"... but home to the bank came he, and the remorseless reel gathered up the thread of his life inch by inch." -Kipling
Chief1600

Post by Chief1600 »

If I could use cat meat I might be tempted from my elitist, artificial ways. I need an intervention!
Jim - snooty elitist

"Of all pursuits mankind has devised to make you look stupid and uncoordinated, fly fishing is unquestionably number one." Jack Ohman, Fear of Fly Fishing
Redboner

Post by Redboner »

Only if I can personally skin cat and gring it up will I use cat meat. And since the neighbors cat continues to track all over my Jeep at night, I will long for the day cat meat becomes part of the elitist fishing arsenal.
"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary"
Patrick McManus
yohan1973

Post by yohan1973 »

Cool, Befor I moved to Florida catching carp on ultralights was one of my things too. Hey, so do you do any cat fishing? Ever caught a wells catfish?
I've heard that there are some in England too. I'm not sure how true it is though. I always thought they were contenental fish.
Stanley Steemer, carpet cleaner.
ray-uk

Post by ray-uk »

yohan1973 wrote:Cool, Befor I moved to Florida catching carp on ultralights was one of my things too. Hey, so do you do any cat fishing? Ever caught a wells catfish?
I've heard that there are some in England too. I'm not sure how true it is though. I always thought they were contenental fish.
we do have a few wells cats over here, they do not grow as big as the european fish but are still sought after by a few anglers.
personally i have only caught a couple of small one's.

ray.
I'm not here to be liked. I do this for the good of the paddle-fishing community.
Skeeter

Post by Skeeter »

Always enjoy your reports Ray. Its definitely a different kind of fishing and to be honest makes me appreciate what we usually take for granted here in Florida.
Your preparation and patience is to be admired. Makes me want to start packing a Thermos of hot tea, thanks for the report.
Fishin Worms and Investment Advice Inc.
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

Great report, cat also works well for sharks, I do prefer to live bait with them. You should see the size of my whiffle bat :shock:
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
ray-uk

Post by ray-uk »

BearsFan wrote:cat also works well for sharks, I do prefer to live bait with them. You should see the size of my whiffle bat :shock:
:lol:

always go for the fluffy ones, once the fur gets wet, it move's enticingly in the water.

also, rig them using a treble up front and a single J hook as a stinger on the tail, again, the action of the tail will often prompt a bite.

ray.
Bill Kranek

Post by Bill Kranek »

My sister and husband live in Middlesex, 50 miles out of London. I plan to visit soon. I will post when I do. I already have fishing trips lined up but maybe we can get together and catch a few.
Cheers
Bill
Shut up and fish....