AirForceResDano

Sunday

Post by AirForceResDano »

Anyone? Anywhere
whodog

Post by whodog »

I'm game.

I'm open to most places in Pinellas.

(Don't know a damn thing about what I'm doing, but hey, at least I'm not at work.)
Michael
Never mind.......
AirForceResDano

ok good. where do you fancy everywhere is going to be busy.
whodog

Post by whodog »

I usually spend the majority of the time in the weedon island area & up on 4th st. But I'm open to suggestions as far south as ft desoto.

The wind direction an velocity usually dictate where I go. Into the wind out, with the wind back.

I agree that everywhere will be busy. I think I liked it better when the weather was cooler. The idiots seemed to stay home.
Michael
Never mind.......
AirForceResDano

want to try the fort? we can hit the intercoastal or the many canals back in there
whodog

Post by whodog »

Sure, Ft Desoto sounds good.

If the forcast is accurate it says an east wind Sunday. But I don't rely on it 'til that day.

What time & where?
Michael
Never mind.......
Blindmullet

Post by Blindmullet »

I'll be out there early in the AM.
Team Pro Bass "Fishing Legendz"
AirForceResDano

hey so will we, we should see each other, if we are in the same area
playnhooky

Post by playnhooky »

It`s been a LONG time since Ive been out but I`ll be hitting the fort tomorrow morn.I`ll be with my bro in law he`ll be in a blue madriver canoe and I`ll be in a yellow T-120........See ya round...
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."
AirForceResDano

awesome, i will be in a green prowler and whodog will be swimming in his white canoe.
paddlaroun

Post by paddlaroun »

So how did you guys do?
Dan Native 12
"Sleep in fish late"

"I know the waters cold! Wet your hand anyway!!!"
AirForceResDano

well we caught a bunch of small trout

thats about it
whodog

Post by whodog »

Had a great time with AirForceResDano. Much appreciation for the invite & tour. He has a lot of information that he shared with me.

Met at the launch site at 35 cent bridge as the sun was coming up. The wind wan't much of a factor when we started out so we parked ourselves sort of out in the open on a nice little trout hole Dano set us up on. As he said, we basically caught a bunch of small trout & lady fish. Nothing of any size but for what it's worth that's the most quantity of saltwater fish I have caught, ever. That was fun until the dolphins cruised in & took over.
(Now some peple say that dolphins have no effect on the fishing. But, here's the way I look at it. Dolphins eat fish, fish don't want to be eaten, fish leave.)

From there we did a slow paddle/drift around some of the islands, but nothing seemed interested in what we were offering. By the time we made it to the far side of our "loop" the wind had become a factor. It didn't appear to affect Dano in his kayak as much as it did me in my canoe. (That extra 6" of freeboard makes a big difference when the wind kicks up.) I needed some shelter out of the wind so I headed to the lee side of an island while Dano continued throwing line & dodging "water skeeters" & recreational kayakers along the windward docks. I tried throwing various lures along the shoreline, but no takers on the "invites". Didn't even see anything besides 2 large sheepshead.

Worked down the shoreline til there wasn't any left & made the daunting 45 minute paddle back to the launch site. (Don't care what the PORTS system said. That wind was more than 11-15 knots! This was the type of wind I'd beg for when I was sailing.)

Didn't catch anything big enough for the table this time so it's another week of spagetti & mac-n-cheese. :wink:
Still Lots of fun & lots of work (at the end).

(Everything I managed to catch was on a 12 fathom shad tail jig. Gold speckled w/ black stripes & a red 3/8 oz head.)
Michael
Never mind.......
LHolman

Post by LHolman »

Glad to see you all catch some good. I went out later and fought the wind did catch a couple of reds but not like I did on Friday, I was using the same spoon. It was a heck of a paddle coming back in to the launch site with the wind and the tide.

Larry