Sunscreen

Questions and answers on anything related to kayak or canoe fishing
Kayakpirate

Bullfrog

Post by Kayakpirate »

Best I've experienced is Bullfrog Mosquito Coast.
Remember... We work to live, not live to work!

Jeff W.
skinnywater

Post by skinnywater »

Mark R wrote:I discovered today that the Bull Frog Mosquito Coast that I use most everyday melt the frames of my sunglasses! Ok they are cheapie rebel's from Wally World... but still.
It will also damage the screen on a cell phone :cry:
Kevin

"Am I missing and eyebrow?" - Adam Savage
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

skinnywater wrote:
Mark R wrote:I discovered today that the Bull Frog Mosquito Coast that I use most everyday melt the frames of my sunglasses! Ok they are cheapie rebel's from Wally World... but still.
It's the damned DEET in it. I ruined the face of my Timex using OFF with DEET. Now I make an effort to not get any near my plastic Costa frames after finding out the cause of the problem.
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

teamshaft3 wrote:
skinnywater wrote:
It's the damned DEET in it. I ruined the face of my Timex using OFF with DEET. Now I make an effort to not get any near my plastic Costa frames after finding out the cause of the problem.
Bull Frog Mosquito Coast is deet free, but it melts plastic anyway.
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

Always heard it was the DEET. Leave it to you to find the exception Mark. Of course it could just be all that lovely pool cleaner schtuff you're around all day coming outta your pores. :shock: You still whiten your teeth with Muriatic Acid? 8)
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
cruiser

Post by cruiser »

Thats another reason I use Proderma Products , i just ordered some more. You can buy it direct from the companies website, I buy an 8oz pump for $15 and refillable a 2OZ ,$5,that I keep in my tackle box or golf bag. It usually lasts about a year.
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

teamshaft3 wrote:Always heard it was the DEET. Leave it to you to find the exception Mark. Of course it could just be all that lovely pool cleaner schtuff you're around all day coming outta your pores. :shock: You still whiten your teeth with Muriatic Acid? 8)
Hydrochloric Acid. And I posted this earlier in this thread...when it melted my sunglasses.
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Fishaddict
Supporter 2013

Post by Fishaddict »

I use NO AD 50 from WalMart and Sport 50 spray when I can get it at MacDill. Nuetrogena is the best avail but hard to find locally as it is sold out. Walgreens can't keep it in stock as all the dermotolgists recommend it.
[b][i]Have Boat ... Will Fish[/i][/b]
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Fishaddict wrote:I use NO AD 50
Then stay out of my swimming pools. That stuff is like 90wt oil on pool tile. :?
Evan

Post by Evan »

Take it from a redhead (vampire):

Banana Boat 50spf SPORT is the very best and longest-lasting sunblock on the market. Just don't get it in your eyes.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion