Ocean Big Y ak

If you use one that is listed, please add a review. If a kayak or canoe that you would like to give a review of is not listed, please add it. This is also where you can show off your boat.
LagoonAddict

Ocean Big Y ak

Post by LagoonAddict »

Anyone have any information on this one? I'm looking for something lighter I can throw in the back of the truck and drag thru the Florida brush a little easier than my T140

Description of Ocean Kayak Big Y ak Kayak:

If you normally feel like a sardine in a can when you sit in a kayak, then try out the Ocean Kayaks Big Y ak Kayak, which is a sit-on-top for larger paddlers. The Big Y ak sits higher on the water and is a bit longer than a single sit-on-top, so it easily supports a bigger paddler. Ocean Kayaks gave this recreational kayak a comfortable seatback, so you can paddle for a few hours without getting uncomfortable. Enjoy day on a lake, river, or bay and bring along a little lunch—just strap it in with one of the gear straps. The molded-in cup holder lets you bring a beverage for the road…errrr…water.

Bottom Line: The Ocean Kayaks Big Y ak Kayak is a good fit for larger recreational paddlers.
East Coast "Clique of One"

"'til reinforced, can we learn the ways of church-mice"

Post by Guest »

Some people surf with the OK Big Y ak's also
Rik

Post by Rik »

Big Y ak

LENGTH - 9' 8"
WIDTH - 34"
SEAT WIDTH - 17.75"
WEIGHT - 47 lbs
MAX CAPACITY - 250-300 lbs

T140

Length - 14'
Width - 28"
Seating Well - 18" X 51"
Weight - 62 lbs
Capacity - 375lbs.

I'd take the 15 extra pounds any day if you're trip includes paddling any distance. Besides, with a capacity of only 250-300 lbs, I wouldn't necessarily calling it a kayak for a big guy.

IMO, It's probably a lot of fun in the surf and would make a good day boat for ponds and small lakes/bayous
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley