for those who want to know...

West Palm to Jacksonville
forced2work

for those who want to know...

Post by forced2work »

There where a few little ones rollin in the river by puzzle, I think they just started to arrive though...oh yeah shot at a few ducks also

Chris
BlueCrab

Post by BlueCrab »

Awesome report! 8)
Old School T160

Marion Jay "JayB" Brewington
July 26, 1949 - April 16, 2009
Monkey

Post by Monkey »

no pics, no proof...

the white devil is tryin to mislead you down the road of evil...
If it don't like scotch, it aint worth it!!!

alot/alot/abunch/morethanyou
LivelyBaits

Post by LivelyBaits »

no pics, no proof...
Bad Monkey!

You have to ID this as "bunk poons"

I see Bunk snook all the time but I try not to talk about it too much or all the cork soakers will be following me around.
pee-dash-eff, "Desperate. H.W"
Rik

Post by Rik »

I've tried to find 'puzzle' on Google Earth but it doesn't show. How about some directions and pics so I can put it on our destinations page.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
yohan1973

Post by yohan1973 »

Rik wrote:I've tried to find 'puzzle' on Google Earth but it doesn't show. How about some directions and pics so I can put it on our destinations page.
I think there is a guy on the OTHER SITE who might beat you to it!
AND HE MIGHT ADD NICE BIG RED ARROWS! LOL
Stanley Steemer, carpet cleaner.
forced2work

Post by forced2work »

Rik,

Take I-275 south over the skyway, get off at the first exit and drive west till you find water. The fishing is so good down there you can fish anywhere, and even you can catch fish.

Chris
stubb

Post by stubb »

At the risk of incurring the wrath of "east siders" & Forced2Work.. I believe "puzzle" referred to my old stomping grounds deep in the back country of the St Johns. e.g., Puzzle Lake. Puzzle is a true wilderness south of Hwy 46 between Sanford and I-95. To get there and navigate it requires, for certain, "local knowledge" .. and that's as much as I'll say. In an airboat, it's a bit easier to get around and to Puzzle, but not much.

However, there are years when the Shad Run gets that far south .. it varies for who knows what reason and some years they get no further than Lemon Bluff or Marina Isle/Rod's Fish Camp (way, way further west and north). part of the shad mystery.

Remember: shad are the freshwater version of baby poons .. tough to catch and very acrobatic. el stubbo
"Let every man be swift to hear, quick to think, and slow to speak.." El Stubbo
forced2work

Post by forced2work »

Stubb, I have never met you only heard the stories about the legend, the man, the myth...blah blah blah....thanks now saturday morning the ducks should be flyin as puzzle will invaded with yakkers.....

Chris
Rik

Post by Rik »

Sounds like a great place for a Paddle-In!
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
forced2work

Post by forced2work »

Rik just rember to bring live chickens tied to your kayak, as they are the best bait..

Chris
stubb

Post by stubb »

Forced2 Work: not to worry. Won't be any crowds as few folks could find Puzzle even with a map. I know that for certain as I used to get lost with tourists on my airboat!!
I wouldn't blow your honeyhole .. I figured it was too remote; and it is.
Your only company down in Puzzle will be a couple of Crackers on an airboat.
Have fun.
forced2work

Post by forced2work »

Stubb, don't take offense I think it would actually be kinda entertaining to see people padlle into puzzle....

Chris
stubb

Post by stubb »

Paddle into Puzzle? Not this boy.
You know the stretch of the St Johns just south of the Hwy 46 bridge, that runs east/west; then dips south down towards Puzzle; is about one of the most treacherous on the river. Not sure why. I've rescued many a small jon boat caught in the current and winds out there on the marsh prairie.
And, finding one's way into Puzzle, then back out, calls for watching .. not landmarks cuz there ain't many .. but watching the current bubbles.
Neat area and thankfully not easily accessible!!! el stubbo