Kayak Seat

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
Delman

Kayak Seat

Post by Delman »

Well, thanks to all the good advice and techniques I've learned from this forum, I've been able to make a lot of progress rigging my Marquesa....the last thing I need to do is decide on the seat....I plan to use the seat back that came with the kayak but would like to get a seat cushion....do you folks have any advice on type and brand. Thanks for all your help.
wiggleyourjig

Post by wiggleyourjig »

I bought the gel one first and didnt like it much so I bought the self inflating air one and I love it.
Mike
cubs83

Post by cubs83 »

I use a Skwoosh seat cushion to go along with my seat.

www.skwoosh.com
trans·plant 
–verb (used with object)
1. to remove (a plant) from one place and plant it in another.
2. to move from one place to another.
3. to bring (a family, colony, etc.) from one country, region, etc., to another for settlement; relocate.
wiggleyourjig

Post by wiggleyourjig »

Thats the one I got first but I like the air one better. Guess you need to try them both and see what you like.
Mike
Delman

Post by Delman »

thanks....I'll take a look at them both!
Delman

Post by Delman »

what do you think of the "hot seat", yakpads or padz seats....I see them on ebay...
Frodo2000

Post by Frodo2000 »

The COD (Crack of Dawn) air filled are the best. I've always had back problems and my @$$ use to fall asleep while paddling (yes its a personal problem).

This seat cushion has made al the difference in the world . I picked one up a Canoe Coutry Outfitters when I was down at Fort Desoto and actually sat on it back to the park. I thought I might actually keep one in the car.

Not only does it help the @$$ issue, but the back felt great. I have since sat for 6 hours in the yak without ever getting up (yes, another personal problem).

I just have to think this is better than the gels. The gels I used just compressed to much and you have the same problem.
Delman

Post by Delman »

That's a great testimony...I'll give one a try.
chewbaka1973

Crack of Dawn

Post by chewbaka1973 »

I agree with Frodo2000. i picked up Crack of Dawn pad from Canoe country and it made a real difference. 6 hours sitting didnt bother my behind at all, however my lower back was talking to me :(
Guess i m getting old
Chewy
Use the force and your drag.........
Tight Lines!

2008 Hobie Revolution Mirage( Hobie-Wan Kenobi )
Native Ultimate 14.5 Tandem Olive
Delman

Post by Delman »

Ordered the COD seat....got it on ebay for just under $25...it'll be here Friday...if the weather is decent here in Delaware next week I'll be putting this kayak in the water for her maiden voyage....probably do some clamming and possibly some striper fishing.
Snook712

Post by Snook712 »

I bought the COD seat at Stirke Zone in Jax for less than $20 and love it. I have a Manta Ray 14' with the built in seat. It is fairly comfortable but when it gets wet, it stays wet all day and chaps my tender backside something awful.

This seat keeps you dry and comfortable for a day of fishing - Ahhh!
Hooked on Youth Fishing Team - Sponsored by Cat Crap Lip Balm
"Fishing for the Future"
Ultimate 12 (Green)
Malibu Stealth 14 (Sand)
Roger