Rejuvenating roof pads

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
LivelyBaits

Rejuvenating roof pads

Post by LivelyBaits »

No, no, no, no.
Last edited by LivelyBaits on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ray-uk

Post by ray-uk »

dunno if you are on about the same thing, but i use pipe lagging on mine, held on with some duct tape, works fine, easy to change.

ray.
I'm not here to be liked. I do this for the good of the paddle-fishing community.
tarponteaser

roof rack pads

Post by tarponteaser »

Before I started using the yakima track system with rollers and cradle, I used pool noodles over my old roof racks. The noodles would compress over time, but new noodles were cheap. Pieces of the compressed noodles were 'recycled' as rodtip protection while travelling, and leader wrappers for surf rigs.

Regards
Snowman

Post by Snowman »

Swim noodles were the first thing that came to my mind as well :idea: I received a set of pads from Masters bait and tackle as a gift. The padding seems kind of thin, so i picked up two pool noodles at Albertsons for .99 cents each. Haven't put then on yet, but i am going to cut them length wise, duct tape them onto the bars and place the Master's Pads over them. I'm still looking for the 101 pool noodle uses thread!
Yeah....I eat fish!!
LivelyBaits

Post by LivelyBaits »

No, no, no.
Last edited by LivelyBaits on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul
PFTS SPONSOR
PFTS SPONSOR

Post by Paul »

The foam in the roof rack pads are typical "closed cell" foam
It will over time compress and wear out

This is more true when I would use the canoe. The canoe rail is small and would dig into the foam...then travelling down the road it would always become loose :x
Paul Silvernail
"Pimpin' ain't easy....but it's neccessary"