Dry Bags

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
Bob/FLA

Dry Bags

Post by Bob/FLA »

Went fishing with Lively Baits the other day and had a great time! While we were out I mentioned that I had a "Dry Bag" that really met my needs. "Post it!" he cried, so here it is...

The one on the left is my emergency kit. On the right my wallet, cell phone, license, keys, etc go into this thing every trip and I have yet to get anything important wet. However, they DO FLOAT! Also, being hard plastic, they are not susciptable to puncture like the overpriced ziplock dry bags.

Hope this helps
Bob
Rik

Post by Rik »

I have a peanut butter jar attached to the rear hatch in my T140. The jar fits in that small round hatch. I attached it with a thin line, drilled a small hole through the top of the jar, pushed the line through and knotted/siliconed the line on both sides of the top.

Now it is captive in the kayak. Makes a great place to store things like keys, wallet, etc. that you won't be using while out on the water but must take with you.

Tip - over time, the plastic will crack - at least my first one did. I solved that by wrapping duct tape around the jar.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

Some of us simply must accessorize with prettier stuff. Bob - the plastic jars are a great idea, but Rik, duct tape? Sheesh. :D
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
JayB
Founder's Club

Post by JayB »

Duct Tape: It's a fashion statement

http://www.ducttapefashion.com/color.html

And look the colors available:

Or you might want to go stealthy:

J
Stereotactic radiation saved my life.

I may not be an angel, but I had a halo.
Rik

Post by Rik »

Colors.....

Nope, I'm old school

Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Rik-duct taping a peanut butter jar!!?? You need to eat more peanut butter and just get a new jar.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

I'm going to start saving my jars for poor 'ole Rik.
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
Rik

Post by Rik »

Back in 1929, I learned to save everything.....