fish report 07/15/06

Flamingo to Big Bend
fishnfinatic

fish report 07/15/06

Post by fishnfinatic »

Had a chance to go out fishing for a couple of hours this morning after coming back from vacation for about two weeks. I started off with some spots Im fimiliar with and then moved on to some other areas. I anchored my yak started to wade an seen some tailing reds in the corner of my eye. I casted over the area where I seen the tail and WHAMO spooked about 100+ reds all over the place I have never been surrounded by so many reds. So I waited for them to settle down started working the schools threw almost everything in my tackle box and nothing. Now im frustrated all these reds and no fish. I decided to free line a gulp 3" shrimp and wham drag started screamin and he drop it, so I about threw my pole in the water. So I had to wait again for the school to settled down threw the shrimp back out and wham landed a nice 30" red. The bad news is that was my last gulp shrimp and the wouldnt take nothing else. I have never seen so many reds schooled up like that before what a blast. Every red in the school couldnt of been under slot.

I need to get a boca. Trying to hold the camera and the fish it was fat.

Caught and release to catch another day.
Tight Lines
Shawn
TPred

Post by TPred »

Great report. I can't wait to get home. I've been away from the gulf for 7 months but I'll be home next month.
Sea Ya!
TP

Tight Lines & Smooth Drags
Blue Liquid Logic Manta Ray 12
prowler13angler

Post by prowler13angler »

I can't catch crap on the gulp shrimp, only the jerkbaits...

Nice red!
Bob/FLA

Post by Bob/FLA »

Great report!
Even a couple of hours on the water is a great relief from the daily grind.
Chris.G

Post by Chris.G »

yeah, that's some nice sized red!
Giant- size
~ Good friends will come and bail you out of jail...Best friends will be sitting next to you saying, "Man, that was fun."~
Trootin

Post by Trootin »

Heck of a red. Most all of my reds lately have been coming on the New penny shrimp also.
LHolman

Post by LHolman »

Nice red.

Larry