My friend got a boat! (Stinkpot)

Flamingo to Big Bend
prowler13angler

My friend got a boat! (Stinkpot)

Post by prowler13angler »

Talking to one of my old friends and learned that he fished...and has himself a nice little 19'seafox.

Taking my opportunity's me and ian joined him for a few hours for some fishing. Our original plan was to head out to the islands to look for big snook and catch bait on the way.

Well...He forgot his net, we had no sabiki's...so we went arti. He was having problems with his engine the night before so he didn't want to head up to the islands with no bait and engine problems so we stayed inshore. But i of course thought we were going deep so i brought x-raps, terroreyes, etc...

We just hung around and kind of fished for god knows what on the deeper flats and letting the wind carry us.

We caught a bunch of these little fish, thought they might have been bluefish or blue runners? I have no idea...but they were stealing the tails off of everything... Ian lost about 6 bags of CALS, While i worked around them :lol:

I managed to pull out a couple of the little bait stealers, a small gag grouper from the rock (MY FIRST GAG!!!) and a small snook on the way in (No photo).

Ian and luke (Lukes in the red shirt) caught some of the small blue whatever's... AND IAN CAUGHT A BLACK SEABASS TO MAKE HIS TRIP!

We came across a school of tarpon while drifting, quite a nice school too...about 7-8 all maybe from 70-100# My second day out seeing tarpon, yesterday i fish a school of 5-15# with nothing...
Got a little video tape of luke and ian casting at the fish, but no tarpon can be seen in the video. I was busy chasing them and trying to get in front of the fish. (We had no idea what we were doing... :lol: Just making it look so..)

Fun day, great day spent out and had a good time on the boat, since i don't get to get out much on a stinkpot.

Photo's:
Ian almost flying away...

Ians black seabass...

My gag... :lol:

Video of us looking like we know what the hell were doing chasing tarpon: (Luke and ian on the deck)

Also! Ian just got a kayak! heritage redfish 12! we will be fishing more too, and I'm hoping to get in some dock light time very soon. 8)

(Cubs does it...so i do it...)
THANK YOU GOD FOR BLESSING ME
prowler13angler

Post by prowler13angler »

Luke actually got his tail bitten off by a tarpon, :lol: ROFL.

Or he thinks... ;)
Bigfish171
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Bigfish171 »

Please hold the camera steady.........you're making me dizzzy :wink:

Nice post. Looks like you're having a good summer. :lol:
Dave
LivelyBaits

Post by LivelyBaits »

p13a
There have been a lot of bluefish around. If that's what they were, I'm glad there wasn't a report one of you got a finger sliced and diced by one. The ones out there are mostly 8 to 10 inches but they call them snapper blues for a reason.
pee-dash-eff, "Desperate. H.W"