Mangrove Man and Chris G slay the fish and avoid the Skunk

Flamingo to Big Bend
MrSpectaculous

Mangrove Man and Chris G slay the fish and avoid the Skunk

Post by MrSpectaculous »

Met Chris at *Deleted by Management* in the AM to try our luck catching some fish. Chris always seems to have better luck then me when we get together even if it's cats and ladies. He's a die hard GULP fan and they will produce when nothing else will. Trouble is they produce alot of fish I don't want so I don't throw them. Water was nice and flat with no wind what so ever. We paddled out and I BLAMO! Fish On! :D hooked up on the 1st cast with a nice trout and new we would have a good day on the water.

Chris was throwing a gold spoon at first because he's new to that type of lure and wanted to see if it would produce again. After a while he speeded it up a little and started catching fish...Catfish on a spoon oh yea :shock:
I BLAMO! Fish On! and it's a small Jack which when I first saw it near the boat looked like a small pompano which would have been my 1st...

We saw a Manatee checking us out and were glad we did not hit him while paddling, he was a good size one and easily could have tossed me into the drink...I hate to admit it but those things scare me :roll:

We finally hit a big grass flat and it was BLAMO! Fish On! :lol: for both of us for nearly every cast. I was catching trout while pulling my backlashes out thats how thick they were, Lady fish too...I mean it on every cast. My arm flat got wore out.

I saw a small school of Reds in front of my boat and got "Buck Fever" and cast my baitcaster into the wind. I got the birdsnest you can only dream about and my new Catch 2000 I stayed up last night putting on new hooks went to the unknown. :evil: :o I paddle to the shore to retie and sooth my butt with a little standing. Chris pulled in also and kept fishing....Then it was BLAMO!Fish on :D ...He had a good bend in his rod and hoped it was not a catfish...This is an action shot!

It turned out to be a nice 20 inch red which Chris released unharmed

After retieg and having some cold water back out onto the flat we went in search of some bigger fish. The grass was perfect and bait was being balled up all around us. Not quite the fields of it i'm use to seeing but it was abundant. Finally after catching dozens of trout, ladies, and catfish I landed and released this trout.
Image Now thats where I start to like catching trout. We fished on till it rained and then fished some more. It was not until the bolts started coming down that we headed in catching fish all along the way. A great way to begin the weekend. I could have take more pics but my camera is huge and I got tired of pulling it out. I need a water proof pocket camera and i'll make reports like Horneybear. BLAMO! Fish On!
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
Vercetti

Post by Vercetti »

Good catching guys, only one thing though...
Met Chris at *Deleted by Management*
Looks like management forgot to delete the palm trees in Pic#3 :lol:
- Jon
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

Vercetti wrote:Good catching guys, only one thing though...
Met Chris at *Deleted by Management*
Looks like management forgot to delete the palm trees in Pic#3 :lol:

I photo shopped the back grounds in :P
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
Vercetti

Post by Vercetti »

Brilliant!
- Jon
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

I'm from Sarasota and I even recognize those trees. :shock:
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Chris.G

Post by Chris.G »

ohhh yess. Good Times. We probably would still be out there if not for the thunder, lightning and coool coool rain. I saw a few reds and some nice sized snook while standing up in the yak and poling along the mangroves. I was able to sneak up on some but was foiled when I tried to switch from paddle to pole while on my feet. I even tried poling with my fishing rod in my mouth. The fish are out there, much more fun then skunk bayou, well worth the extra 10 minutes of driving... :D
We really did have hits on every cast for a while. There was a period of time that we were able to get a small trout or ladyfish to the boat on each cast with all of them being self released.(no gooey or pooey on my hands). 8) No pictures from me cause I'll probably get the camera soaked so it stays home...
Giant- size
~ Good friends will come and bail you out of jail...Best friends will be sitting next to you saying, "Man, that was fun."~
Cutthing

Post by Cutthing »

Looks like you guys had a great day on the water. Congrats.
AKA Rod

Post by AKA Rod »

cool report,glad you guys had a good day.I have no idea were you guys are fishing. :lol: :D
I am too old to die young.
LivelyBaits

Post by LivelyBaits »

Is Chris G related to Kenny G ?

I think those palm trees look like every other palm tree I've ever seen. But they look like they're in the very same configuration of the ones I've seen at :wink:
Chris.G

Post by Chris.G »

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:34 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO! :evil:
Giant- size
~ Good friends will come and bail you out of jail...Best friends will be sitting next to you saying, "Man, that was fun."~
LivelyBaits

Post by LivelyBaits »

NO!
Sorry Chris! Just wondering.
pee-dash-eff, "Desperate. H.W"