New Jerk bait hooks

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
MrSpectaculous

New Jerk bait hooks

Post by MrSpectaculous »

Found these at *DELETED BY MANAGEMENT* there new according to the packs. They don't feel flimsy so they "might" hold up as well as some big name brands. I've been useing the Flutter hooks but they can be hard to find and the aint cheap. These are $1.82 for a pack of 5 and should be a little easier to rig.

I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
Rik

Post by Rik »

What is the brand name on them?
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
prowler13angler

Post by prowler13angler »

Renegade, they sell allot of great things not for very cheap.
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

Rik wrote:What is the brand name on them?
OK OK i'll give it up. Renegade is the name made by Arkie Lures inc. Marketed by :shock: Wal-Mart.

http://arkiejigs.com/
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
DayFisher

Post by DayFisher »

I bought and have tried these.
Here's my Q....
I can't figure out how to put on a lure with my hook already attached to my leader???
I just "pre rig" and put them back in the bag until I need them.
Momo
Hauling Dead Dinosaurs for Your Vehicles Consumptive Delight to a Gas Station near You!!
DayFisher
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

http://www.catcherman.com/features/rigg ... portmn.htm

This will give you an idea. Just pull the weight thru the body of the lure. They are easier then the flutter hooks in this regard and the action is good also giving a good glide thru the water.
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
Rik

Post by Rik »

These are easier

Mustad Power Lock Plus Hooks
An innovative sliding weight on the Power Lock shank can be positioned to customize your presentation. Set it close to the eye, and your bait will dive nose first. Slip it toward the middle and your bait will fall steadily. Or move it all the way to the bend and your lure will drop tail first.

1/8 oz., 1/16 oz. and no weight
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
prowler13angler

Mangrove man, are you supposed to slide your lure over the weight?

Or stick the eye of the hook threw the head of the lure?
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

P13 if your already tied on you have to slide the weight thru the body of the lure. A little spit and she slides right thru. I change colors a lot and sizes also.
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
prowler13angler

I hear ya.

I wonder if there out at my wal-mart yet.
fishnfinatic

Post by fishnfinatic »

I seen those renegades at Wal-mart, but I dont think they will work as well as the ones Rik posted. I dont like the idea running the plastic threw the weight makes them not last longer. Once they start ripping they keep on going.
Tight Lines
Shawn
prowler13angler

There about half the price.

But the ones rik posted are definitely better, i just dont like paying 6$ for 5 hooks.
Erick
"Mister OLC"
"Mister OLC"

Post by Erick »

Renegade is Wal-Marts brand name for their fishing stuff although it is usually made by other manufacturers who then repackage it into their packaging with their name.

We sell the Flutter Hooks to Wal-Mart, they are approved but it is sometimes hard to find the room in the stores. Not every store has what they call "flex" space. But I will have my salesmen try to get the space for the Flutter Hooks. So ask for them when you go in. We do all the Mustad also, but I dont think that particular hook is approved. Not sure we even have that one in the warehouse.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jim Valvano

{{>=====<}} <'))))><ing
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

I also use the renegades but I think we are all gonna be kickin' ourselves when we lose the next 40+" snook because the hooks are weak. I'm pretty sure the Mustads are better but hard to find.
CooKnFish

Post by CooKnFish »

DayFisher wrote:I bought and have tried these.
Here's my Q....
I can't figure out how to put on a lure with my hook already attached to my leader???
I just "pre rig" and put them back in the bag until I need them.
Momo

use a hitch hiker in the "z" bend and you can change bodies with ease. i use this setup with a similar hook called a Flutter Hook by H&H.
Paddles - they aren't just for the bedroom anymore.

~Mark~
Snowman

Post by Snowman »

I have tried these renegades while trout fishing. I like them. For a little more $$$ i like the red DOA jerk bait hooks and the red pinch weights. You can snip weight off the weights to lighten up your presentation. I havn't seen any disadvatages yet. Anyone else tried 'em?
Yeah....I eat fish!!