Getting ready to Backslide....

Out of 10 trips, how many are "skunky" with arti's only??

2 or less, I should have my own TV show.
60%
3-5, I guess I'm average.
25%
5-7, I'm thinking about a stripe tattoo on my back
6%
8 and up, I bit myself just to remember what it feels like.
8%

Total votes: 48

DayFisher

Post by DayFisher »

I did use that redfish as bait, you should see the sailcat I caught on it, NOW DATS A FISH!! :shock:
Kim Carnes!?!?
I think she still has a paternity suit against me,
or was it that
"oh Ricky your so fine, your so fine you blow my mind" girl??
It's all just a blur with visions of late nite Picnic Is, the back of a Suburban and "the artist formerly known as Rufinal".
Hauling Dead Dinosaurs for Your Vehicles Consumptive Delight to a Gas Station near You!!
DayFisher
Rev. Tom

Post by Rev. Tom »

DayFisher wrote:or was it that
"oh Ricky your so fine, your so fine you blow my mind" girl??
Tony Basil, I think.
"My knowledge can only be finite, while my ignorance must, necessarily, be infinite."
--Karl Popper
Tred'nWater

Post by Tred'nWater »

I consider a skunk a day that I catch nothing I'm after, as far as no fish at all that counts, so even a small fish of the species I'm after gets the stripe off for the day. I'm also mostly a bass fisherman so it pertains mainly to bass.

That being said, I've somehow managed to be undefeated so far, over three months and about two trips per week (knock on wood!) in the yak. Now before I get jumped on, I have once or twice been thankful to catch a 10" bass to save the skunk for the day, but it's still a fish. I really just enjoy being out on the water as much as possible, so I know the day will come when I'll get skunked, and it doesn't bother me. I've been lucky enough to keep this streak going, but I also have been lucky enough to be very familiar with the waters I fish, with the exception being saltwater, in which case I've been REALLY LUCKY!

Fishing is both relaxation and a serious endeavor for me. I try not to get discouraged if I'm not catching anything because at least I'm not working! At the same time, I try to set out on every trip with some sort of plan for the fish I'm after and do as much homework as necessary to help improve my catch. As I said before, I'm very familiar with the waters I fish so I have my own "confidence spots" where I've found fish before, and that usually saves my skunk if nothing else is producing.

If you're really having that bad a case of Skunkitis, I can only suggest either just enjoy being out there, or start concentrating on a particular area to learn what those fish do. If I'm having a tough time fishing a lake, I usually try to fish it more often so that I can learn what seems to work and when on those particular fish. Obviously saltwater throws a bit of a wrench into things because there isn't any boundary for the fish to keep them in an area, but you can still pick up on the patterns that tend to cause fish to concentrate in an area or when those fish will normally pass through.

But in the end, Skunk is much like Death, you might avoid it for a long time but eventually it gets everyone! So don't be discouraged.
It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
DayFisher

Post by DayFisher »

:shock: :D :lol: :shock: :twisted: :shock:
The SKUNKFEST is OVAH!!
Thanks to all that contributed.
Momo
Hauling Dead Dinosaurs for Your Vehicles Consumptive Delight to a Gas Station near You!!
DayFisher
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

DayFisher wrote::shock: :D :lol: :shock: :twisted: :shock:
The SKUNKFEST is OVAH!!
Thanks to all that contributed.
Momo
You mean you caught something? Where is the report?
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS