Cockroach or The Kitchen?

Should I hit Cockroach or the Kitchen Saturday morning?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:28 pm

Join the crowd at Cockroach
23%
Listen to the drone of airboats in the Kitchen
31%
Stay home - one less canoe means more room for me
46%

Total votes: 13

catfish

Cockroach or The Kitchen?

Post by catfish »

Well, got freed up for a few hours Saturday morning. I was thinking about hitting Cockroach early, but I have always liked the Kitchen on an incoming tide. Are the airboats still bad in the Kitchen, or was it all duck hunters?
Mike Smith

Just an old red canoe.
Hooked

Post by Hooked »

Rassin' frassin' airboats have ruined the Kitchen for me. Damn near got run over while I was standing up in my canoe, trying to get a fly out to a school of jacks. Sat down real quick, wishing I had something akin to an RPG...
Lou aka 'Hooked'

Now Adam's prize was open eyes
His sentence was to see
Day by day, he's worn away
Against reality

Post by Guest »

the airboat should be limited to what it was made for. the everglades. where you cannot drive a normal boat. i saw one in the old tampa bay last weekend WHYYYYYYY!!!!! it makes you wish you carried a paintball gun with you
Thetroutsniffer

Post by Thetroutsniffer »

I always do well in the Kitchen. Then again I fish it probably more than any other spot. Airboats suck but whatya gonna do? I live less than 5 mins from the put in ( yes I do have all my teeth, no I dont sleep with my sister ) so I fish it lotts. I love Cockroach but the croud kills it for me. The kitchen is becoming the same way as time goes on.
The mullet netters piss me off nearly as much as the airboats, all backwards Gibtown carnie folk if you ask me. They will run on top of you without caring one way or the other. I had a guy in a pontoon boat run on top of me and cast net my deployed acnhor trying to run me off a school of reds mixed in with mullet. He carght a Zara Spook in the arm....oops :roll:

Kerry Hennessy
catfish

Post by catfish »

Based on the polls (although a small sample group), I guess I should stay home Saturday morning.

I will, however, be leaving work early Friday, and heading over for an enjoyable afternoon at Cockroach. :D
Mike Smith

Just an old red canoe.
jsuber

Post by jsuber »

We fished the Kitchen and Cockroach the week of the last EEF tournament. You guys have some awesome fishing in those areas. I found a really good hole over by that big power plant behind the Customs place. It drops off pretty deep and holds a lot of fish when the tide is out. If you paddle there from bullfrog and head straight for the stacks its on the other side of that last island. It was slam full of fish but it would have been time negligent for us to fish it in the tourney. We had lots of luck with big reds outside Bullfrog on the low tide. That cut outside and to the right was full of reds and trout moving back and forth through the cut under our yaks.
Fish the Forgotten Coast.