7-31-06~Finally some sharks on the sand!

Flamingo to Big Bend
prowler13angler

Post by prowler13angler »

Socks under the crocs?!

:lol:
tbray

whew

Post by tbray »

If you think those pics are bad- I am sure glad i didnt post my pics of the ladyfish tagging program i recently started. I am tracking the migratory patterns of both ladyfish and catfish. Seems as though they are always near my kayak, so i wanted to scientifically prove that there is a direct correlation between my scent and the herding instincts of these trash can fish.

That or it could just be the gulps! :roll:

The tagging process is fairly messy- I use this blood sugar testing tool my grandfather used back in the day - I prick the ladyfish and insert the tag....talk about bloody :)
I make plaid look....well....like plaid
Mako

Post by Mako »

Rik wrote:
Mako wrote: Where's the photos? :cry: ...Deleted by management? :wink:
They were not deleted by Management. Shane deleted them.
cubs83 wrote: Peter...according to a thread on the General forum pictures are frowned upon on this forum.
That is a ridiculous statement.
Dang....we got in trouble again :oops:
Peter
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
Rik

Post by Rik »

Santa has already been notified!
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
GILs_GONE_WILD

Re: greek

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

tbray wrote: Is it me or is this site getting reallllly edgy.....?
Everyone here (including me :wink: ) is jealous and wants to string cubs up cause he and his partners fish ALL the friggin' time. Other than that ... everything seems normal to me. :D
GIL

"Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~~ Edward Abbey
Blindmullet

Re: whew

Post by Blindmullet »

tbray wrote:If you think those pics are bad- I am sure glad i didnt post my pics of the ladyfish tagging program i recently started. I am tracking the migratory patterns of both ladyfish and catfish. Seems as though they are always near my kayak, so i wanted to scientifically prove that there is a direct correlation between my scent and the herding instincts of these trash can fish.

That or it could just be the gulps! :roll:

The tagging process is fairly messy- I use this blood sugar testing tool my grandfather used back in the day - I prick the ladyfish and insert the tag....talk about bloody :)
I started my own as well, but it involves taking a stool sample. Thank god the ladyfish spray it on my leg each time. Really reduces the time out of the water. Gotta love the poor man's tarpon baby!!!!! :wink:
Team Pro Bass "Fishing Legendz"
blindcast

Post by blindcast »

My study is unfortunately not so easy on the subjects... I'm cutting off the right index finger of loudmouth kayak-fishing know-it-alls. They must share some DNA or something. I'll post my results when I've collected enough data.

I'm taking donations to further my study if anyone has any interest.
Last edited by blindcast on Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blindmullet

Post by Blindmullet »

blindcast wrote:My study is unfortunately not so easy on the subjects... I'm cutting off the right index finger of loudmouth kayak-fishing now-it-alls. They must share some DNA or something. I'll post my results when I've collected enough data.

I'm taking donations to further my study if anyone has any interest.
Cut off the 5th, studies have shown we really don't need it. I bet you could make a mean jig if you painted the nail silver or white with a red tip...You could put GULP! out of the biz....lol
Team Pro Bass "Fishing Legendz"
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

I'd donate if I thought for one minute there might be a tiny chance at a round being bought.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
blindcast

Post by blindcast »

Oh brother...

The next time I win an OLC (probably the next one I fish), I'll definitely buy a round.
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

Hell you can have all the fingers on my left hand, I'm so good I normally fish with one hand tied behind my back anyways!
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
BlueCrab

Post by BlueCrab »

blindcast wrote:I'm cutting off the right index finger of loudmouth kayak-fishing (k)now-it-alls.....

....The next time I win an OLC (probably the next one I fish).
Well then, I guess you'll be pointing out these "Know-It-Alls" to us with your left index finger (?) :wink:
Old School T160

Marion Jay "JayB" Brewington
July 26, 1949 - April 16, 2009
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Can everybody tell it's the dog days of summer? Folks, including me, were a bit short during last year's red tide outbreak too.
Sorry for my contributions to the foray. I'll play nice.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
blindcast

Post by blindcast »

BlueCrab wrote:
blindcast wrote:I'm cutting off the right index finger of loudmouth kayak-fishing (k)now-it-alls.....

....The next time I win an OLC (probably the next one I fish).
Well then, I guess you'll be pointing out these "Know-It-Alls" to us with your left index finger (?) :wink:
:D no, my middle finger. There's a difference between knowing it all and telling everyone they don't know anything. One makes you a better fisherman and the other makes you a butthead.

(Now it alls?? Oops. That's what my exwife is. She wants everything "now")
BlueCrab

Post by BlueCrab »

Last edited by BlueCrab on Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old School T160

Marion Jay "JayB" Brewington
July 26, 1949 - April 16, 2009
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM