Carolina Lunker Paste
44%

Total votes: 9

Best Scented Bait (new poll)

Post by Guest »

Which do you think works better?
Mako

Post by Mako »

can't help you here, I use neither one....no need to when the "gulps" are catching so many fish :wink:
Peter
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
prowler13angler

Post by prowler13angler »

GULP, as well
LHolman

Post by LHolman »

Can't help you either. I don't use either one either.
FishingDL

Post by FishingDL »

I think that stuff is for Tennessee Hillbilly Bass fishermen. I have never seen it in anybodies tackle box since I have been fishing.
Dave
-------------------------------------------------------
Is your fish dripping?

(11-01) 235 - (1-22) 215
Erick
"Mister OLC"
"Mister OLC"

Post by Erick »

Actually, Carolina Lunker Sauce is for more than bass fishing. They have more scents for saltwater than they do fresh. Although I dont think they make any scented baits like Berkley Gulp. It is something you add to your baits. I have a few samples of the stuff, which I have yet to use. Some local tackle shops carry the stuff. But there are so many others out there, Jacks Juice, Bang, Team Berley...believe it or not the biggest concern is the "Carolina" in the name for tackle shops here in Florida.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jim Valvano

{{>=====<}} <'))))><ing
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

There was not a catagory for neither so I didn't vote..IMO Carolina exists for the sole purpose of........ golf.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
Mako

Post by Mako »

so how are these products used?

do you soak your lures in it? inject them?
Peter
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
Gator

Post by Gator »

I have some I bought a while back. I got it not so much for an attractant, but for masking the scent from my hands. After applying sunblock and all kinds of other crap we touch and transfer to our lures, I think this helps mask the unappealing scent to Mr Fish. I haven't noticed a difference in my catching like some of the testimonials on their website will say.
"We are the people our parents warned us about."-Jimmy Buffett

oohhh

Post by Guest »

yea they both sucked for me too. and i havent caught anything on a gulp. maybe because i suck or i just cant get on any reds to do so. but i did leave a GULP on a weed less hook over night, it was awesome
TroutTracker

Post by TroutTracker »

I've tried Gulps with fairly decent results myself.

I tried jacks Juice...bought some sample bottles at a show. Juries still outon whether it really makes a difference though.
Yeller Scupper Pro

John
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

I heard they work great for catching mogans, but you can not catch any whoppers or bigguns. I have never tried either one though, Blair says that they both work good for attracting fishing groupies as well.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
GILs_GONE_WILD

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

Gator wrote: After applying sunblock and all kinds of other crap we touch and transfer to our lures, I think this helps mask the unappealing scent to Mr Fish.
I keep a bar of Ivory soap in my tackle box and fly fishing bag just for this reason. No, not to rub on the lures but to wash my hands with after using sunblock and/or other chemicals. Ivory has no deodorants.

Great on stinkpots where gasoline and oil on lures can really put off fish. Not that I recommend stinkpots mind you. :wink:
GIL

"Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~~ Edward Abbey
Grit

Post by Grit »

I tried some stuff that CookNFish recommended and made a mess of it. It came in a squeeze bottle and while squeezing the top popped off and covered me in a foul smelling crab sent. I couldn’t get the smell off until I took a shower a few hours later. Thought about removing it with a swim, but figured a swimming chum bag was not a good idea. Took what was left and put it in a zip lock bag along with some soft arties. Sometime next summer I’ll pull them out and try them.
reel fun

Post by reel fun »

im with mako, the gulps are the only stink bait i use, with great results too!!
Keep Em Wet
07 yanks
Offlander

Re: Best Scented Bait (new poll)

Post by Offlander »

Used WD 40 For bass, It works !!!
Alan

Sherman said
"War is cruelty... the crueler it is, the sooner it will be over."

'Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter - don't mind.. and those that mind - don't matter.'

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.