Not impressed

short bus

Re: Not impressed

Post by short bus »

I think JayB should have a page of his own. Something like “Founder” or “Where we started”.
He introduced kayak fishing to thousands of people, with a reach that went way beyond the Tampa Bay area. I would imagine P-F would be honored to promote him as their roots. He (and John) made this site and helped many fishermen become more confident at a sport they love.
JayB is very special and should be honored in a special way, not just along with others on a memorial page. It’s hard to see his legend handled like this.
The people who knew him will never forget him. And the people who didn’t should have an opportunity to read about this great man.

My 2 cents.

Cheers Jay, and you too John.
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

Thanks, I agree with your sentiments whole heartedly
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
SushiStalker

Post by SushiStalker »

Hi All

I created a category call "PF Legacy" on the home page. This would be used to honor friends of Paddle Fishing that have passed away.

I would like to repost any forum memorials there, not including the reply's.
Does anybody object to the idea?

As of now I could only find a memorial to CooknFish posted as an old announcement on the home page.
http://www.paddle-fishing.com/?p=1420" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If someone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated. I will reply a " PF Legacy DRAFT" in the Memorial theads as I work on each one.
A simple "yay or nay" and/or add. photos would be good. If you would like to take on a Memorial to PF Legacy post yourself please just follow suit.
short bus

Post by short bus »

Sushi,
What are your plans for Jay?
SushiStalker

Post by SushiStalker »

short bus wrote:Sushi,
What are your plans for Jay?
I made his 1st.
If it looks good, I'll move it to the PG Legacy section of Home Page

https://paddle-fishing.com/forum/viewto ... 19#p364119
short bus

Post by short bus »

There has never been anyone from PF that could even come close to JayB. He is the ONLY Legend around here.
The group that you want to push him into were wonderful people, but they don’t even come close to Jay.
It really dilutes him, and I just can’t understand why you want to do that to him.
Why do you resist giving him his own page? Please let me know.

sb
SushiStalker

Post by SushiStalker »

short bus wrote:There has never been anyone from PF that could even come close to JayB. He is the ONLY Legend around here.
The group that you want to push him into were wonderful people, but they don’t even come close to Jay.
It really dilutes him, and I just can’t understand why you want to do that to him.
Why do you resist giving him his own page? Please let me know.

sb
I'm not resisting anything, in fact I'm encouraging the process of dealing with an issue you and others are obviously not ok with.

I will communicate my idea a 2nd time.

It appears something was created for "CookNFish" passing on paddle-fishing.com. I did not see anything for Jay outside the Forum and I'm trying to facilitate a change to that. The Pages need to be organized under a name, I choose "PD Legacy".

As I said a Draft will be added to the Memorial topic thread and once it's acceptable it can then be moved to an appropriate section on the Home Page.

If you feel the idea not acceptable, I will stop.

Side Note
Shortbus your profile is very new, but your 3 comments read different, if you have lost access to a prior account please advise me so that I can look into the matter.
https://paddle-fishing.com/forum/member ... ile&u=6819
short bus

Post by short bus »

I would like to see a page dedicated to Jay. Something like “Founder” or “Where we started”, linked from the home page. This page would be Jay‘s Story.
I'm sure John would be honored to write an article about Jay and how this site began. Everyone would be interested in reading it.
Jay's page could also include links to his articles and the memorial information that already exists.
If possible even links to his past forum discussions. JayB and the Johnster wrote some wonderful stuff. It would be great if any of it is still available.
Now I realize I am just a single voice, but please consider my request. I think it could benefit everyone who visits P-F.com
Thank you,
s b