No long lining for me! Not yet!

noles

No long lining for me! Not yet!

Post by noles »

This is probably the worst tarpon season for me. I either jumped or leadered one tarpon per month (May, June, July). Here's one from July 11 off AMI. Fish never got into the backing.
http://youtu.be/SJ2DvRbjzL4
"whose that little motherf***er with the fly rod"
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Re: No long lining for me! Not yet!

Post by DaveR »

Keep the faith. I'll keep catchin.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

DaveR wrote:A stinkin long lining live baitin bottom scum sucking sewer jockey that used to know how to fish without resorting to using a "nice pinner" for BAIT. I'm fucking sickened. What is it with Tampa folks? Something in the fucking water up there? The heat gettin to ya?
DaveR wrote:It didn't take sobriety for me to understand that you long lining buy em by the dozen shrimp plinkers are getting lazy in your old age. There's a shopping cart and space on the pier for ya old men. Have some fucking dignity men!

Oh how the mighty have fallen, must have been quite the drop from a horse that high!
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Sobriety was overrated.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
fishshooter99

Post by fishshooter99 »

Absolutely crazy. Great video. I cant believe you catch these guys with a fly rod. I cant wait to try out my new tatpon rig. I sent you a pm with my number. Id love to fish with you some time in the next couple of weeks.
Gary
Gary
expatriate Floridian living in the foriegn land of Georgia
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Somewhere there is a very informative article here on tarpon fishing from a kayak. Required reading sir!
Watching a spent fish sink to its death just plain sucks.
Rik, link it pls.

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Rik

Post by Rik »

DaveR wrote:Somewhere there is a very informative article here on tarpon fishing from a kayak. Required reading sir!
Watching a spent fish sink to its death just plain sucks.
Rik, link it pls.
http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/site2/b ... yak-style/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Thanks Rik. So 99, mmm Barbara Feldon, but I digress, read and heed. If you don't have a drift chute, buy one. It's mucho important. Go for a ride a few minutes and then throw it out. Have it at the ready!
Pls don't go it alone until you have some fish under your belt. It's just plain irresponsible to the fishery unless you light leader it and break em off but that ain't easy to do sometimes. Good luck and take care of our silver treasures.

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Rik

Post by Rik »

John wrote:Oh how the mighty have fallen, must have been quite the drop from a horse that high!
And now he's down there helping his uncle
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Assholes

"SANCTUARY!!!"

John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

Assholes us?

We weren't the ones dissing guys and calling them names for using bait and proclaiming superiority by only using artificials.

That is until you couldn't stand them catching more fish than you.

Now that's an asshole
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

This asshole went fishing again today.

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
EZYLYF
King of Broken Fly Rods

Post by EZYLYF »

John wrote:Assholes us?

We weren't the ones dissing guys and calling them names for using bait and proclaiming superiority by only using artificials.

That is until you couldn't stand them catching more fish than you.

Now that's an asshole
And Tampa folks were thrown under the bus. LOL.
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Norm »

Damn....did someone cut the air off in this room :?:
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
Ray H

Post by Ray H »

DaveR wrote:A stinkin long lining live baitin bottom scum sucking sewer jockey that used to know how to fish without resorting to using a "nice pinner" for BAIT. I'm fucking sickened. What is it with Tampa folks? Something in the fucking water up there? The heat gettin to ya?
DaveR wrote:It didn't take sobriety for me to understand that you long lining buy em by the dozen shrimp plinkers are getting lazy in your old age. There's a shopping cart and space on the pier for ya old men. Have some fucking dignity men!

Hmm...talk about the potlicker calling the kettle black!
Roughing it smoothly