? Largemouth Bass News

General freshwater forum. However, please consider using the regional forums instead!
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Re: ? Largemouth Bass News

Post by jbdba01 »

Probably in the night hours...that red would show up nicely. After I'm done with them they would be pretty easy to lip hook. [Note : that was a blantant troll]

While were having a coming to Jesus / troll moment and this thread has been successfully shanghai'ed...

- in GA I wiped out a whole colony of Yellow Jackets; plethora of wasp nests; only thing that bothered me is that I didn't get them before they got me

- killed a couple/few black widows; 10's of Wolf spiders; couple few scorpions - mostly in Miami - them big blue ones

- slaughtered colonies of Tilapia in Miami - course in the 70's they were invasive species - lot of good that did;I am considering wiping out some Lionfish - not gonna eat them either, too much work for too little meat

- I shot and killed a dog - I felt bad, more for me than it - after I called rabies control and asked how to get 100% proof it was rabid; they said bring in the dog's brain; I said I shot it in the head; they said if the bite broke the skin go get the shots; I took my chances and didn't - the bite didn't quite break skin; I still feel bad about that one...but not too bad; stupid dog; (lesson there - if you dispatch a rabid dog/coon shoot it in the chest - rabies control will want a brain sample)

- a huge pitbull was wandering the rural neighborhood in GA; I went to get it (and I brought a gun just in case); I found it dead on the side of the road - someone hit it/ran it over - I didn't feel bad for it, and was relieved that no kids were attacked; stupid pet owner

- I've gone dove hunting and given my birds to my friends - I'm too lazy to clean 'em, but not too lazy to kill 'em

- I've yet to bag a deer; with a bow my brother gets 10-12 a year in Jersey and helps feed the homeless; I think he's the man

- I drink Yeungling - not because it taste great, but because it's cheap and bottled here in Ibor City

- even though he's an ex-Bulldog I root against Will Muschamp; it's debatable if he's a traitor or not because as "good" as he's coaching he may be a double agent

- I go through a bunch of threadfins powerchumming for poon - that's right power chumming; chicks dig it - so do poon, macks, cobia, grouper, sharks...it's all good if it bends the rod; I probably go through 50-75 threads a stinkpot trip

- I think Goliath Grouper should be legally harvested I've heard stories of divers bang sticking them just to get them out of the way - not sure if that's true or not

- I am considering harvesting a snook next year - never tasted it; in Panama we used snook as bait for poon; didn't catch any poon, but did kill some snook

- we used to catch 100 Peacock Bass a day in the canal zone; when filleting them up about 25 would have too many worms to eat so we killed them pretty much for nothing; the rest did get eaten - cost of doing business.

- I like going out in my stinkpot; I think it's a sweet ride - I may be po' but I sho' is proud

- at Thanksgiving we debate why we called my son Evan; some say because it means Warrior - I say it reminds me of Evan Williams

- for a couple weeks we watched a mama Robin raise some chicks; one day we watched a black racer eat all 5-6 baby chicks through our front window; when a young Evan asked where the chicks were, we told him they flew away; it was a "good" lie

- when I'm asked to read church announcements I also prepare/give a Redfish/Tarpon report; some people laugh; some people take notes; my wife normally hits me; I'm OK with all of that

- the Sunday evening I met our new pastor was the week I was tagged by a ray while fishing during church hours; I told him I'll miss you on Sunday's May-August; my wife hit me; I'm OK with that too

- I told my pastor you can't be a fisherman of men if you don't know how to fish and I'm a work in progress - more work than progress; he's OK with that

- my truck get's 15 mpg city; 11 when I pull my stinkpot; 12-13 when pulling kayaks; love me some towing power

- I use deodorant in a can; when empty I throw it at poisonous snakes

- I recycle when I feel like it and if it's convenient; most of the time it's both, but if not, I'm ok trashing it

- at my first house in GA, I cut down about 100 trees, then used Roundup to get the briers; if memory serves right 3 black racers were let be, one cotton mouth was dispatched; it happens

- I don't slow down for squirrels, but do honk - now; I slow for possums and hogs (they make a bigger mess)

- I stop for cows

- my neighbor will probably be on PTTS (Lance Cracker Boat); I'm considering going jigging for poon - that's right jigging; I want to see what all the fuss is about

- I cannot get > 110# poon to the boat in < 30 min; I'm OK with that - all were released swimming strong; I haven't lost any to sharks; poon are cool - so are chicks

- I also think Muscovy ducks are a major pain and crap all over the place, but because it's illegal to transplant them, I may kill those too - not because I want to kill them, but because I can't move them; I'm not so sure that's a good law, but it's the law; Tilapia Part II

- lastly I fresh water fish because it's fun, convenient, and easy to teach kids; I also use fresh water lures in salt water and think fried bass taste pretty good

There...I think that covered it; some misc rambling without enough coffee. Sorry if you're not OK with the above, but that's OK, I'll buy you a beer at the next PFTS and we'll agree to disagree. It's all good, and even if it's not...that's OK too.

On the fishing front - water is starting to get too hot in Fishhawk for midmorning bass. Fish early morning and late evening. Silver rapalas if weeds allow; weedless worms otherwise.
JB
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

If I were religious I would say Amen, I have seen the light. However I'm an athiest so it's more a case of "thought as much"
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Funny stuff but if you kill snakes it's dickish. Unless they happen to be invasive. Head to the Everglades or Guam to get your fix tough guy.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

I can live with that, but I'm not tough. I reserve that word for my friends who are being deployed in combat zones for the next 6 or more months. We shall hold up large quantities of alcohol in their honor at all the PFTS, and yes...if their wives call me to kill some poisonous snakes, dickish or not, I'll do it.

This thread has [hopefully] officially reached the end...may it die peacefully, but live forever in the annals of the internet, and remember...

JB
Rik

Post by Rik »

jbdba01 wrote:...if their wives call me to kill some poisonous snakes, dickish or not, I'll do it.
Using 'dickish' and 'their wives' in the same sentence could be more dangerous than any snake.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Ump608

Post by Ump608 »

Damn JB,

I got tired from readin' all that................

Post by 0119 »

Ump608 wrote:Damn JB,

Yeah. I suppose all you Yankees advocate killing all the bears cropping up in Naples too. Rich folks come before God's lesser creatures right? That's how you justify all the panther deaths the god like red sucks stadium has wrought upon a nearly extinct species. You all belong on the pasture pool grounds sipping your Arnold Palmers. All because you paddle instead of crank up a motor makes you all sanctified environmentalists, so keep on killing.
Ump608

Post by Ump608 »

I normally take everything on this board with a grain of salt, mostly enjoy the ribbin' and humor. At first I thought about this response the same way.

BUT!

Yankee.....................Really!? Born in GA raised in FL. Yankee?!, hell that's anything North of Athens

0119, you responded to my comment, don't know if ya meant to or not, but ya did, so all I got ta say is

Back off Skippy!

We gone....................
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

0119 wrote:
Ump608 wrote:Damn JB,

Yeah. I suppose all you Yankees advocate killing all the bears cropping up in Naples too. Rich folks come before God's lesser creatures right? That's how you justify all the panther deaths the god like red sucks stadium has wrought upon a nearly extinct species. You all belong on the pasture pool grounds sipping your Arnold Palmers. All because you paddle instead of crank up a motor makes you all sanctified environmentalists, so keep on killing.
:shock: :shock: :?
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

This here poor slob that is sticking up for the critters is A BONAFIDE YANKEE. So back up a step lad.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
kmeng

Post by kmeng »

Well that escalated quickly
Do what you love, love what you do, and most of all, love life.

"Don't seek to follow the footsteps of the masters, seek what they sought"
Native Ultimate 14.5 Solo in Olive
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

We need to liven this joint up. Give Rik and Todd sumptin to moderate.
Hey, your mother wears army boots!

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Ump608

Post by Ump608 »

From which army? North or South :razz:
Rik

Post by Rik »

DaveR wrote:Hey, your mother wears army boots!
And she kicked your mother's ass while wearing them!
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley