Fishing Log App

DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Fishing Log App

Post by DaveR »

Anybody use one they like? iPhone pls.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
John
Guv'ner

Re: Fishing Log App

Post by John »

I looked around and tried several, none were great, most were too detailed and not very searchable, now I just use Springpad, to make notes, you can insert tide graphics etc. in to the notebooks.
I have a notebook for each location,

My journal, now is less detail specific, and I make more of general notes regarding the locations and how they fare monthly, and over the year. I do detail the banner days and the skunk days, and can definetly draw conclusions on them.
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
ratherbefishin

Post by ratherbefishin »

I've looked at several too, for iphone/ipad. Found nothing that I found useful. So I kind of did my own, created a form in Pages with the info I wanted, copied it to Penultimate and I can jot down the info on my ipad when I get home. Using a stylus is different, don't know if I like it or not yet. Still playing with it, but it does allow me to search my own handwriting key words. Works great so far on ipad, working on saving it to Evernote, then accessing via the cloud on my phone.

Can't recommend this process yet as I am not satisfied and it may be more trouble than it's worth. But it is fun trying to figure it out.

If you find the perfect one, please let me know. Pencil and paper still works too, I may just go back to that.
Curt

Well, hell, SOMEBODY has to catch lizardfish.
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

I should keep notes.
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve