Tampa Kayak Rentals

chimo

Tampa Kayak Rentals

Post by chimo »

A buddy an I are going to be in Tampa April 23rd to the 27th for some kayak fishing and a deep drop trip. Any local insight on where to rent a kayak as far as service and rates? Close to a good fishing location? We will have a rental car but not likely a means to transfer the yaks from place to place. I rented a yak from Sweetwater the last time I was in town but was left slightly underwhelmed. Thanks in advance

Wayne C.
fishshooter99

Re: Tampa Kayak Rentals

Post by fishshooter99 »

Wayne I know that a lot of guys on this forum are guides and or regularly use them. If you have the means I'd really suggest using one of them. They will provide and transport the kayaks. They also know where the fish are and what they are biting. I am originally from the bay area and still find it a tad tough to figure out where I want to fish when I am home a few times a year. It is a great place for flats fishing from a kayak and I'm sure some of the local guides can put you on the fish. Good luck and have fun.
Gary
Gary
expatriate Floridian living in the foriegn land of Georgia
Rik

Post by Rik »

The 'get a guide' suggestion is a good one if you really are looking to catch fish and not just search for fish. If you want to go that route, we can give you some good guides to talk to.

That said, here's a couple rental shops to consider

http://www.canoecountryfl.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ospreybay.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
chimo

Post by chimo »

Thanks for the replies! I have been looking into a charter for at least a half day although it goes against my cheapskate nature lol!

Another question, will Red's and Spec's be the best game in town or are there other species that will be hot?

Wayne C.
Rik

Post by Rik »

chimo wrote:Another question, will Red's and Spec's be the best game in town or are there other species that will be hot?
Those and snook.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley