PFTS Kayak for Coop - throw me a bone...

Miller Lite - Taste Great / Less Filling

Taste Great
17%
Less Filling
17%
Really - a 70's reference mixed with a 80's band - get a grip it's 2014
67%

Total votes: 6

jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

PFTS Kayak for Coop - throw me a bone...

Post by jbdba01 »

So I'm looking at the Sarasota PFTS tourney coming up (which I'm not 100% I can make yet - but am I ever??), and I'm reviewing the launch sites page. All looks goods on where to launch from, but frankly with the number of choices it's pretty daunting.

So for our brethren SOE how about schooling us "Sarasota newbies" on in your opinion what the top 3 destinations are. Nothing like this creek on this corner on this tide - just a general thought on what you feel is a decent place to catch fish. Maybe not win, but catch... Perhaps something within 20-30 min of the weigh in location?

For example - in the TPA area in general people might say "Ft. Desoto, Cockroach Bay, and Joe's Island are popular destinations.", but if the weigh in was at Safety Harbor I might recommend different places.

Thoughts? Comments? Did I miss a thread somewhere that has these details? Does Miller Lite really taste great or is it less filling? What exactly is a Wang Chung and why must I have fun while doing it? Inquiring minds want to know...
JB
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Re: PFTS Kayak for Coop - throw me a bone...

Post by Todd »

Before the SOTE crowd chimes in with the best spots on where do go this time of year you can start here-

http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtop ... 48&t=20112" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Rik

Post by Rik »

Todd wrote:Before the SOTE crowd chimes in with the best spots on where do go this time of year you can start here-

http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtop ... 48&t=20112" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's where the link in his post goes.

Confine your searching to Buttonwood, Durante and North Bridge to Siesta Key
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
bicoastal

Post by bicoastal »

jbdba01 wrote:Does Miller Lite really taste great or is it less filling? What exactly is a Wang Chung and why must I have fun while doing it? Inquiring minds want to know...
LMAO
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 The Red Rocket
Wilderness Systems Ride 135 Sage
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

Rik wrote:That's where the link in his post goes.

Thanks. Just what I was looking for - a general area to start. Hope to see you there.
JB
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

Rik wrote:
Todd wrote:Before the SOTE crowd chimes in with the best spots on where do go this time of year you can start here-

That's where the link in his post goes.

I am not positive of the Buttonwood Launch but for sure Durante Park is in MANATEE County! I think I read that the launch had to be in sorrysota.
Credo quia absurdum
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

ZOINKS!!! Another land grab by those pesky russkies vacationing in Manatee Co...call in Rambo!!

Perhaps you are referencing a different Durante Park - Joan M Durante is in Sarasota - or so says their website.

http://www.discovernaturalsarasota.org/ ... gboat-key/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JB
Rik

Post by Rik »

Buc is correct. Durante is in Manatee County. My mistake. However, if you really want to fish Long Bar you can launch at Buttonwood and paddle there. It's just much longer. Or you could launch at Whitfield and paddle up there.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

Rik wrote:Buc is correct. Durante is in Manatee County. My mistake. However, if you really want to fish Long Bar you can launch at Buttonwood and paddle there. It's just much longer. Or you could launch at Whitfield and paddle up there.
Whitfield is in MANATEE COUNTY.
Credo quia absurdum
Rik

Post by Rik »

justabucup wrote:
Rik wrote:Buc is correct. Durante is in Manatee County. My mistake. However, if you really want to fish Long Bar you can launch at Buttonwood and paddle there. It's just much longer. Or you could launch at Whitfield and paddle up there.
Correct again. I keep getting stumped by all these Manatee locations that use a Sarasota address because they shudder at the thought of people knowing they are really in Bradenton.
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Hahahahaha'
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Rik wrote:
justabucup wrote:
Correct again. I keep getting stumped by all these Manatee locations that use a Sarasota address because they shudder at the thought of people knowing they are really in Bradentucky.
:shock:
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Arik81

Post by Arik81 »

You can launch at ken Thompson park or just north of the new pass bridge on the west side...there are plenty of areas to fish within paddling distance and both within Sarasota

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DoubleM

Post by DoubleM »

I was curious about the county line on Longboat, after some research here is what I found; Buttonwood launches are legit.

And here's the other side of the bay, Sarasota county cut off at Edwards Dr.

Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

OK - to confirm so far there's

- Buttonwood,
- Thompson park or
- just north of the new pass bridge on the west side

that meet my original criteria that are in Sarasota - correct? For what it's worth I went into google earth and at the bottom there's a box for US govt. If you check that you'll get the county lines (and a bunch more) drawn in light blue/cyan. That should eliminate any confusion, but does assume that google earth is correct..
JB