DaveRs mojo lives on

Flamingo to Big Bend
bw1199

DaveRs mojo lives on

Post by bw1199 »

Been looking for a Native Kayak for a couple months hoping to be back on the water for some spring time fishing. Bought DaveRs Native Ultimate 12 on Saturday. Weather loooked iffy for Sunday but I had the itch to get on the water so I made a late night Gander Mountain run to get the basics to get me on the water just in case I woke up early and wanted to go fishing. I woke up to a little more wind than I was hoping for but for the first time in a couple days the sun was out and warming things up.

My hopes weren't high as it was the first time fishing out of the new to me kayak and first time fishing the north side of tampa bay. Ended up finding a small area with some fish and spooked a couple reds and couple snook. Circled back and ended up hooking up with a decent slot size red. Didn't see anything other than a ton of mullet the rest of the day.

By the way, this is my first post here. Some of you may know my dad, Krash.
Rik

Re: DaveRs mojo lives on

Post by Rik »

Welcome Krash Kid. Glad that kayak works for you. I'll add that pic to the dozens I already have of fish caught from it.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Including this Rojo.....Pre DaveR.......
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
Captain Hugh

Post by Captain Hugh »

That is a very nice picture of the red fish. The colors are beautiful.
"There was a very cautious man, who never laughed or cried. He never risked, he never lost, he never won nor tried. And when he one day passed away, his insurance was denied, For since he never really lived, they claimed he never died
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

Welcome to the dark side bw.... enjoy it and show them Tampa guys how to catch um up.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Thrilled that it is working out for ya! That was Joes kayak before it was mine. I know he's as happy as I am!
Now, if your Dad would just put me on a bonefish.........
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
kmeng

Post by kmeng »

I fish north of CCC often and love it. Drop me a line sometime, I'm always looking for fishing buddies and we can launch from the end of my street.
Do what you love, love what you do, and most of all, love life.

"Don't seek to follow the footsteps of the masters, seek what they sought"
Native Ultimate 14.5 Solo in Olive