Friday 1/10/14 (no pics)

Flamingo to Big Bend
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Friday 1/10/14 (no pics)

Post by Manning »

Haven't been many reports lately so I though I would post this. Fished the west side of Sarasota Bay today. Was a great day to be on the water. Almost no wind! Water is still very cold. Caught 8 trout in the 14 to 20 inch range, 1 little flounder and I had two BIG blue fish on that cut me off before I could land them. I threw a Spook jr, Mirrodine DOA shrimp, Logic Lures tandem rig and Mirrolure Lil John on an 1/8 jig. Everything was caught or lost using the Lil John. Boy it was great to be back on the water.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
redfish bluefish

Re: Friday 1/10/14 (no pics)

Post by redfish bluefish »

Nice! :thumbleft: Sounds like it was a fun day on the water. I am curious as to what constitutes a big blue down this way, having only caught some smaller guys since I moved down.
Thanks!
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

Earlier in the year I was catching some blues that were in the 3 lb range, but latly I have been seeing them in the 5 to 8 lb size. I fought and got to see both the fish I hooked yesterday and they were in that upper size range.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
redfish bluefish

Post by redfish bluefish »

Manning wrote:Earlier in the year I was catching some blues that were in the 3 lb range, but latly I have been seeing them in the 5 to 8 lb size. I fought and got to see both the fish I hooked yesterday and they were in that upper size range.
:-B They start to get to be really fun at that size. They can start to be tackle busters at that size too :cool: