Christmas Presents

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Christmas Presents

Post by Manning »

Been kind of quiet here on the forum during the holidays. Thought I would break the silence by showing you one of my Christmas presents. My wife got me Sea Dek pads to go in my Slayer 14.5. I haven't been fishing since I installed it, but here is my review so far.

Pros: The templates fit very nicely. They are very nicely done with beveled edges all around. The material is quite light and is not adding any appreciable weight to a boat that already feels heavy at time. The installation was very easy. I have stood in the boat on the lawn since putting the pads in and I like the feel, some cushioning and nice grip. Should make it a little quieter as I move around in the boat and occasionally drop things.

Cons: The kit comes with pieces that are designed to go in places that already have padding. Kind of a waste. I saw no point to going through the trouble of removing what came on the boat to replace it with this. It only comes in two colors, camo and a grey. This kit cost $114 which is a little pricey for my budget, but at least I got something I wanted for Christmas.

Here are the pics of the finished job.

Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Re: Christmas Presents

Post by DaveR »

Santa was good to me too. A couple of new Penn 3500 and Star rods. Slammed with them today so they came with some mojo too!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

Nice stuff Davo.

Steve
Ump608

Post by Ump608 »

Wifey loves me...........or she wants video proof of my demise on my annual ski trip. But she got me a GoPro Hero3. Can;t wait to try it out.....
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

Camille set me up with a Go Pro also. Guess she wants video proof I actually go Tarpon fishing.
0 0 1
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

Based on last year it looks like you will have to take me fishing with you so that you can video someone actually catching a tarpon.

Steve