Sealect Designs Deck Bungee Kit Installation

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
scotty14

Sealect Designs Deck Bungee Kit Installation

Post by scotty14 »

My most recent project was to install some bungee on the front hatch of my kayak. I decided on this kit for ~$22. This is an easy job that most of you have done, but this may help the newbies.

I also picked up these bungee hooks for $3

I started by deciding how I wanted my layout to be. I used painters tape to layout the pattern

I then marked my holes once I had the deck loops positioned

Drill your holes as small as possible. I drilled them just a hair smaller than the screws to ensure a snug fit(to avoid leaking). You will need a screwdriver to thread the screws through the plastic. Use a screwdriver and wrench to tighten the screws by hand.
ImageImage
Attach the bungee hook to one end of the bungee

Clip your end hook on your starting point. Feed the bungee through the deck loops until you get back to the hook. Make sure the bungee is just snug enough not to be loose. Tie an overhand knot to secure the tag end. Cut the tag end then use a lighter to melt and harden the end. **The Bungee Hook makes it easy to unclip and loosen the cord to access the hatch. There ya go...
ImageImage
-Scotty-
-------------------------
<Heritage> Redfish 12 (Khaki)