Flippin Tube.....

JoeS

Flippin Tube.....

Post by JoeS »

Tried the 4" Flippin Tube, one of the Gambler lures given away for the PFTS II on sat 26 Oct, on my local pond.......You guys are going to love the different actions you can get from this lure......cant wait until the 26th......If you haven't signed up......DON'T Wait.......I am going to give them a SW test run tomorrow Friday the 4th @ CRB if your interested in going just PM me or Show Up.....
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Re: Flippin Tube.....

Post by Todd »

How did you rig it Joe?
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

2/0 Gamakatsu Offset Shank Worm(Round Bend)......Canoeman Loop Knot......Weedless.....Weightless.....You can actually walk the dog like a Z-Spook with more action or let it sink slightly to mimic the Mirrodine......crazy action.......Texas rig it and you can jerk bait it.....
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
Rik

Post by Rik »

I tried it this morning with a 4/0 EWG worm hook. With no added weight it could be almost top water, subsurface and a bottom bouncer. Casting distance is okay but you likely wouldn't rig it without weight to fan cast an open flat.

I also tried adding a 1/16th oz weight. It was a Texas rig weight but I just slipped it in the tube. It was held in there by the belly if the hook. Yes it effectively narrowed the bite gap but I was too lazy to cut and re-tie

Didn't catch anything with it but neither did the other 2 guys I was with regardless of what they were throwing. Can't catch fish if the fish aren't there.

I like the action
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

I bought a couple of bags of the tubes at Mahoneys this week, and gave them a try yesterday. I originally had it rigged weightless on a 3/O ewg worm hook, but found that I had to work it a little slower than I wanted to get the action I was looking for. I switched to a 4/O 1/8 oz Owner Twistlock and it was spot on. It is a big bait, and almost feels like you are throwing a plug. I got some positive reviews from the local wildlife. I caught a nice slot redfish, but this one was the highlight of the day.

Rik

Post by Rik »

Make a believer out of you Chris?
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Gambler Lures

Post by Gambler Lures »

ChrisR wrote:I bought a couple of bags of the tubes at Mahoneys this week, and gave them a try yesterday. I originally had it rigged weightless on a 3/O ewg worm hook, but found that I had to work it a little slower than I wanted to get the action I was looking for. I switched to a 4/O 1/8 oz Owner Twistlock and it was spot on. It is a big bait, and almost feels like you are throwing a plug. I got some positive reviews from the local wildlife. I caught a nice slot redfish, but this one was the highlight of the day.

AWESOME! :thumbright:

Chris if you have a chance would you mind sharing that on our Facebook Page? https://www.facebook.com/GamblerLures
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

Believer? Yes, you could say that. I'd be happy to put it up on your Facebook page.
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

And they waste all that time on those silly bass fisherman.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

The tube continues to impress me. This 24" trout pounced on it right next to the boat this evening. This fish had very cool looking big spots.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Old school hat and a beard. +1
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM