Where to fish?

Naples to West Palm and south, including the Keys
godsmack481

Where to fish?

Post by godsmack481 »

Hey guys, I am not too familiar with kayak fishing in Miami. I live in Pinecrest and want to find a possible snook area I can go to that is relatively close by and a place to launch. Generally I have been going down to Flamingo, but money is getting tight but I am determined to at least kayak fish once per week. If anyone has any input of locations near my area to launch from so I can get my fix of snook fishing, and kayaking that would be really helpful.

I went out from Black Point on Friday and the water just did not seem well at all. I paddled around for miles to get one tiny cuda, I spotted a nice red but he wasn't takin' what I was throwing. Other than those 2 fish I saw nothing.
Wuluf

Re: Where to fish?

Post by Wuluf »

Hi. I find the same conditions at Black Point every time. I do ok out of Garden Cove in Key Largo, but you might as well go to Flamingo. Oleta might be worth a short trip. I also hear the lagoon south of MIA airport is good for some urban fishing.
Wuluf
godsmack481

Re: Where to fish?

Post by godsmack481 »

Yeah, I remember hearing the same thing about by the airport. Just not sure of where to launch from. As for this week I will just go ahead and go to Flamingo. According to the predictions the tide looks like it's going to drop rather early. I guess that's the time to fish the channels?