Bug net

countryboy_ucf

Bug net

Post by countryboy_ucf »

Anyone use on of these when the no-see-umps get thick and they start laughing at your bug spray? I found this one on Amazon and it has good reviews. Thinking it might be a new addition to my gear...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363790945.449043.jpg
Nick F
Hobie Revolution
"More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own
story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me."
Rik

Re: Bug net

Post by Rik »

I've used them down in the Everglades. Wouldn't be without one down there. I like the nets with the rings a little better as the rings keep the netting off your skin.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Hank

Post by Hank »

Be aware, some of them do a great job on snow angels but suck at protecting you fron no-see-ums. Make sure your getting the very fine mesh oines.
As Rik said you will want the ones deesigned to drape away from contact with your skin.
JMHO tho! Thats a very low price point so I doubt it works on no see ums.
countryboy_ucf

Post by countryboy_ucf »

One of the reviews mentions it protects from no see ums. And ass far as the rings, I am hoping my hat does the same job...

The reviews also say that this one has the best visibility... One thing I love about amazon, though,is that if it don't work, Icahn always return it:)
Nick F
Hobie Revolution
"More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

You don't need visibility, you need protection from no see ums.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Hank

Post by Hank »

countryboy_ucf wrote:One of the reviews mentions it protects from no see ums. And ass far as the rings, I am hoping my hat does the same job...

The reviews also say that this one has the best visibility... One thing I love about amazon, though,is that if it don't work, Icahn always return it:)
Absolutely hard to beat at that price and Amazon's return policy.
Let us know if it really stops the no see ums. A welcome addition to gear when launching at Cockroach. lol :cheers:
Tide1on

Post by Tide1on »

Could probably pick up some 5 gallon paint strainer bags a lot cheaper and get the same results.
NATIVE Redfish14
Your Wallet - The one place Democrats are willing to drill

Steve
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

I have been using the Original Bug Shirt for years........contrary to some belief it isn't hot at all and gives me full protection.....a little pricey but well worth the $$$$$$.....just another way to go........I also have a head net but don't use it as much.....
http://WWW.bugshirt.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
countryboy_ucf

Post by countryboy_ucf »

Joe, do you own their hood or from somewhere else. There's has straps that go beneath your arms to keep it down over your neck and shoulders... Not a bad idea...
Nick F
Hobie Revolution
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

No Nick I bought my hood from some hunting store I like the jacket better although when I bought mine they didn't have the hood......if I am making any sense......My problem is the jacket I bought is a size XXL I am 35# lighter now so I swim in the Jacket.....but I am too poor to buy a new one....lol..lol...
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
nemo327

Post by nemo327 »

Noseeums are flies not mosquitoes deet repels mossies ok but not flies. Find a bug spray that contains picaridin and you will be in business. Sawyer makes an effective product for noseeums and mosquitoes. On off product look for ingredient rs232 fly repellent.
FreshlySalted

Post by FreshlySalted »

You can get ultra fine mesh head netting from Dick's. They are cost $4!
I can't say it is right or wrong, all I know is something isn't right.
Native Mariner
TK

Post by TK »

nemo327 wrote:Noseeums are flies not mosquitoes deet repels mossies ok but not flies. Find a bug spray that contains picaridin and you will be in business. Sawyer makes an effective product for noseeums and mosquitoes. On off product look for ingredient rs232 fly repellent.
Good tip. Thanks!

If you plan on using a head net for no seeums - put it on in the car and then remove if you don't think you need it. Mesh that keeps them out, also keeps them in. I spary the brim of my hat with repellent and then put the net over my hat. That keep it far enough away to not limit sight lines too badly and keeps the claustraphobia at bay for a while.
"I am trying to catch tarpon, but these snook keep getting in the way!"
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Not meant to be contrary but I have found DEET to be very effective on noseeums. Maybe the ones I run into are pussies but I know if I get within 10 feet of the mangroves in certain places I fish they can be brutal. An application of 100% DEET stops them in their tracks. What sucks is that it invariably finds it way onto my lips, which pretty much sucks. No cut and pasting you assholes!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
dunfly

Post by dunfly »

I've got a bug shirt that covers your head, upper body and arms. It works great on all types of bugs, but I find it to be to hot to use in the summer. I use some industrial strength deet, which works on about anything, including noseeums.
“You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste....” — Rahm Emanuel
"Freedom!" - Sir William Wallace
Who is John Galt?
Hank

Post by Hank »

Sadly I am allergic to Deet. But I did cut back on salt intake quite a few yrs back and it helped a lot!