Dec 26th trip for south biscayne bay

Naples to West Palm and south, including the Keys
TRKpoker

Dec 26th trip for south biscayne bay

Post by TRKpoker »

Anyone in South Florida that wants to fish the day after Christmas we are going to have a group fishing for the radioactive fish just North of the Turkey Point Reactor :alien:

http://www.meetup.com/SFLKayakFishing/events/96235342/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tight lines,
Tom K.
Urban Legend II

Re: Dec 26th trip for south biscayne bay

Post by Urban Legend II »

Hey Tom,

Its Harris from Winter Garden via Afghanistan. I made it back a few days ago and a itching to come down your way. I am currently rigging up my PA14 to get ready to go. Trying to find a trailer for the trip down this thing is a beast, so I won't make down this trip, but I am on leave until Jan 14 so I will make it down there soon.

Tight Lines to you and the gang down South.

Urban Legend II
Hobie Pro Angler 14

"Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job"
TRKpoker

Post by TRKpoker »

Well if you can get it on your car/truck we will have people who can help you get it off and back on. If not when you get your trailer let me know we do so fishing just about every week.
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

I wish I could join ya's but still on No-Fishing Restriction due to Medical issues.

I love that area, posted a little info for ya's in the meetup thread.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
TRKpoker

Post by TRKpoker »

I saw that and thanks. Being my first trip down any help is good. Good to know about the snappers in the canals though for when I bring my kids down. 9yr old and a 5 yr old + snapper is a good day.
Urban Legend II

Post by Urban Legend II »

So I bought a PWC trailer and now I am making some modifications to it to accomodate the kayak. Was going out to Titusville today but the weather didn't cooperate. Looking to head South your way on or about the 3rd or 4th. So I will keep you posted.

How did you all do on the 26th?
Hobie Pro Angler 14

"Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job"
TRKpoker

Post by TRKpoker »

Didnt make it out because of the weather (windy) but did end up going today (Dec 29th) and just tore up the jacks. Had a friend in my canoe on this trip and between us we caught over 100 fish. We caught about the same number of fish. I had over 6 snappers, over 6 very large ladyfish, one lizard fish, one 16 1/2" trout, and the rest were jacks. At least 3 times I boated 2 jacks on one lure. Same happened with my friend. At least 3 other times one of the 2 jacks came unhooked at the boat.

Jeremy V from this club (forget his name on here) met up with us and had similar results. Hope he posts the story about his brother-in-laws bonefish earlier in the week.

Overall it was a good day but still a bit windy.