Free roof rack

Naples to West Palm and south, including the Keys
Wuluf

Free roof rack

Post by Wuluf »

I have Yakima bars and grip pillars for anyone who wants them. They came off a jeep liberty with existing roof bars. If you have a small ute with existing roof racks then it should fit. Call 813-679-8657. You just need to pick them up in pembroke pines.
Wuluf
TRKpoker

Re: Free roof rack

Post by TRKpoker »

OK OK free roof rack......

When are we going fishing Wuluf?
Wuluf

Post by Wuluf »

I am going Monday morning out of garden cove marina in key largo. You are welcome to join me if you like.
Wuluf
TRKpoker

Post by TRKpoker »

Got to work sir. Went out Sat and just nailed it hard. Caught well over 20 trout in about 3 hrs. Started at 645am and got in about 145pm. First fish was in the boat about 715 and the bite just stopped completely at 11:15.....after that only one bite that was short. Most were small from 10 1/2" to 18" with 2 good ones 20 and 21". Caught about a dozen VERY small jacks with a few barely bigger than my lure. One good sized 3-4lb blue fish. If you get out in the bay troll something shiny behind your boat. The jacks, blue fish and spanish macks are in Biscayne Bay. They are not thick but they are there in the deeper waters. Good luck and we will have to hook up and get out there. My days are going to be limited till after the new year but never know.
Wuluf

Post by Wuluf »

Damn. That's a good day out. I didn't go as I spent the day with the Fam. I am up for next Saturday.
Wuluf
TRKpoker

Post by TRKpoker »

Not sure if the tides look that good for this weekend in Biscayne Bay but I am going out there Sunday out of 79th Street launch. If you want to head out Sat let me know and I will join you.
TRKpoker

Post by TRKpoker »

Sat we are doing a North Biscayne Bay trip and Sunday a trip to Flamingo.

http://www.meetup.com/SFLKayakFishing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

Wuluf wrote:I am going Monday morning out of garden cove marina in key largo. You are welcome to join me if you like.
Hows the Garden Cove launch site, have not been in years ?

Did you go and whats the catch ?
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
Wuluf

Post by Wuluf »

The launch is fine, but the fishing is hit or miss. Caught a nice snook. Had a big tarpon doing acrobatics, but he spit the lure. Nice day, but I need to get out with you guys to learn more spots down here.
Wuluf
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

Wuluf wrote:The launch is fine, but the fishing is hit or miss. Caught a nice snook. Had a big tarpon doing acrobatics, but he spit the lure. Nice day, but I need to get out with you guys to learn more spots down here.
Garden cove gives you direct access to the ocean and nice hard bottom flats, but fishing has always been tough there. I assume you launched from the end of the street.

Don't wait on me, I'm on medical restriction at least until mid January....

If you want to get some fish and learn an area head over to Choko and hook up with Fishhead (Steve) he's there pretty much every Saturday.

You can also launch at Convoy point (Homestead), an easy hour drive from P-pines, paddle North you'll usually find Trout withing a couple hundred yards of the launch, then as passing by/through the 2 islands snapper can be caught in the canal channel, explore that canal there are all kinds of fish in there, continue paddling N and you'll be on some very nice shallow grass flats where if you are quiet and careful you might see BoneFish tailing.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

Wuluf

Post by Wuluf »

Fantastic advice crash. I will definitely check out convoy point. Thanks.
Wuluf
TRKpoker

Post by TRKpoker »

I hit the 79th Street (Pelican Harbor) and did very poorly most of the day. Missed 3 good sized trout that were all hooked up but came unbuttoned. Never had 3 in a row do that. Was out with 9 guys and only 3 trout (all small were caught). Decided to call it and while I was going in I caught a 26" trout. My new record so it made the day worth it. Also got a 3-4 lb bluefish just after the trout.

Went to Flamingo Sunday with 12 guys and after a long slow 1 1/2 mile trek through super shallow water at 615am I finally got to fish-able water. Right off the bat got a 22" redfish which was my first in over 20 years. Living in Broward county you have to travel a good ways to get a shot at a red. This was my first trip in waters with them so it was good to get one. About 1 hr later another red hit on top water but this one decided to go to Key West and with my light trout rod I just couldn't stop him. Had 15lb braid with a 25lb leader and he just pulled away from me. Fought him for about 20 min before the leader wore through. All the guys said it was a huge red but after thinking about it I am not sure. Hit like a red and I saw that but there were lots of sharks in the area. Might have been a lemon shark that got my red just after the strike. Only thing is once my leader wore through the leader had about 4" of fish slime on it which isn't very shark like so I don't know.

Fished for another 3 hrs with only jacks to show for it. Missed my turn to go back to the docks and ended up 2+ miles from my guys. No cell phone service so I couldn't call them to tell them were the reds were. Only a few other reds were caught. I ended up on a flat that had hundreds of red all either alone or in groups of 2 with one group of 3. Most all of them were solo and lots of movement. Took me an hour of changing lures to find something they would eat. Water was only calf deep and very muddy bottom so I couldnt stand. Ended up catching a 21 and 22" calling it a day. Left home at 315am and got back at 5pm. That was one tasty blackened redfish dinner.
TRKpoker

Post by TRKpoker »

Wuluf if you can wait till after the new year I will go there with you. Been fishing North Biscayne Bay so much I am looking for something different. Either that or we can just go a bit more and hit Flamingo. Let me know.
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

Now that this thread has been officially hi-jacked.... many of us carry hand-held vhf radios for communication.
They work pretty good for short distance's, just agree on a channel to listen on, we use 68/69.

I seldom if ever would answer my cell phone while fishing... the last thing I want is to be interrupted by non-fishing information while fishing.

Wuluf

Post by Wuluf »

I still have that damned rack! TRK, Convoy sounds good in 2013. I take a VHF out each time. They are helpful with a group.
Wuluf