Post Challenge Fishing Trip

Flamingo to Big Bend
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post Challenge Fishing Trip

Post by Manning »

It is kind of a tradition to pre-fish the designated areas prior to the PFCS events. I may start a new tradition that I call the Post Fish. So many people caught so many fish during the Saturday PFCS event 1 that on Monday I decided to go back and fish that area again. This time I chose a different launch point that I had never used before. I hears some of the other guys talk about it so I though I would give it a try. Since I had my chartreuse arsenal still tied on the rods that is what I went with. Launched (actually dragged) the kayak into some very skinny water. It was slow going at first, but once the water started rising I managed to catch some fish. Here is a 23 red that like the chartreuse. Sorry about the focus, but I wanted you to see the lure.
Then I caught some small trout and next this nice little snook.
And just as a bonus I also caught this little jack.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
DirksFishin

Re: Post Challenge Fishing Trip

Post by DirksFishin »

You know your life really sucks when you have time to fish during the weekdays! I love that spot in fact I've ditched most of my others to hit that area more often. But with cooler weather approaching The creek and vamo launch will be more appealing.
Derek

I hear possum taste like chicken.
no time

Post by no time »

Nice fish sir. I love that area. Sometimes am free during the week if you ever want go fishing. I know AMI pretty well too.

Good post and thanks for sharing.
What can I do to help?
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

no time wrote:Nice fish sir. I love that area. Sometimes am free during the week if you ever want go fishing. I know AMI pretty well too.

Good post and thanks for sharing.
That would be great. I have never fished AMI. Mornings next week Monday through Thursday look like they are open as it stands now. I usually try to get out on Monday morning, weather permitting.

Steve
no time

Post by no time »

Ok Steve my name is Bob. I'll check my work this week end and will post on here. I have a good spot we can launch from.
What can I do to help?
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

Great Bob. Lets move the to PM. Just send me a message.

Steve